Title: Capability Network Indirect Tax Principal
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help a clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
People in the Innovation & Thought Leadership career track drive asset innovation and marketplace reputation within a specific area of expertise. They grow into thought leadership roles, by increasing the depth of their expertise and reputation as an expert or innovator, and can progress either in role, laterally, or upward.
Management Consulting professionals design and implement process and change interventions that integrate strategy, technology and people to enable process improvements that create value for clients.
The MC Innovation Principal contributes to assets/ offerings and thought leadership to enhance Accenture's marketplace reputation applying deep expertise in business process reengineering within a particular subject area, deep human capital, organization and change expertise.
Finance Process and Operations professionals develop and maintain robust processes and controls to meet compliance requirements and stewardship of enterprise assets with efficiency and effectiveness.
Tax Transformation professionals deliver asset-powered solution that optimize performance of the tax function and drive significant benefits through process improvements, leading edge technology, tax advantaged business structures, and alignment of the tax organization with business objectives to help clients achieve high performance.
A professional at this position level within Accenture has the following responsibilities:
Identifies, assesses and solves complex business problems for area of responsibility, where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
Closely follows the strategic direction set by senior management when establishing near term goals.
Interacts with senior management at a client and/or within Accenture on matters where they may need to gain acceptance on an alternate approach.
Has some latitude in decision-making. Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
Decisions have a major day to day impact on area of responsibility.
Manages large - medium sized teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Accenture.
- Minimum of four years of experience with any one or more of the following: SAP, Oracle , PeopleSoft, Great Plains and/or similar ERP applications, specifically with the Tax, AP/Purchase Order, AR/Sales Order and/or G/L modules
- Minimum of four years of experience in implementing major indirect tax transformation solutions in any one or more of the following: SAP indirect tax native solutions, Vertex O Series, Vertex Accelerators, OneSource for Indirect Tax (fka Sabrix), LCR Dixon Software, Sovos (fka Taxware), Avalara and similar for North American and/or global organizations
- Minimum of two full lifecycle implementations
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Understanding of key indirect tax processes and data drivers while possessing a broad industry background including retail, financial services, manufacturing and/ or telecommunications
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills with experience exercising mature judgment
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills using MS Visio and MS PowerPoint
- Experience working in a fast-paced, team environment
- Experience working directly with clients
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals
- Ability to travel up to 100% (Mon-Thurs)
Professional Skill Requirements
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in an information systems environment Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills
Jobs Near You
Junior Program/Project Manager
Program, Project & Service Mgmt
Security Global Quality & Risk Associate Manager
Performance, Risk & Quality
Google Cloud Platform Solution Architect
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.