Career Track: Client Delivery & Operations
Role: GSM Service Delivery Manager
Location: Based in USA - Remote
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
Accenture people build careers in four different areas of our business: Consulting, Technology, Outsourcing and internal Corporate Functions. Each area offers a unique career experience and a compelling mix of work and training opportunities, work environment and structure for career progression.
The GSM Service Delivery Manager (SDM) oversees the delivery of Service Management as a Service to multiple company's organizations and teams (internal customers). The SDM possesses a good, broad technical understanding of the services being provided and the technologies being used. Establishes guidelines for the GSM teams responsible for Incident, Change and Problem Management functions to ensure consistently high service performance, results.
Displays leadership and authority with proven ability to lead others under pressure. Ensures that all of the client responsibilities occur in accordance with the statement of work and service level agreement with client(s). Coordinates the delivery of services from the associated technical and service control teams, ensuring a cohesive, high quality operation. Manages numerous, complex projects requiring high level capabilities with minimal supervision.
The SDM delivers a creative and demonstrable approach to the delivery of day-to-day service and projects, service vision, cost reduction and service increase initiatives. May make decisions about the day-to-day operation of the group, including management of work assignments and information between shifts as well as approach regarding workload, equipment, staffing, and scheduling. Includes adjusting work hours as necessary to meet deadlines, e.g., overtime, evening and weekend hours. Identifies, documents, and reviews opportunities for team improvement in procedures/processes/standards to gain cost-effectiveness and efficiency and executes implementation of improvements.
The SDM utilizes reports to demonstrate service availability, performance, quality and evaluates customer feedback to develop quality improvement initiatives. The SDM is the single point of internal management and escalation for the given service, and the primary contact on that service. Demonstrates expert knowledge of processes and related technology to effectively perform responsibilities.
- Internal single point of contact for the Service Management as a Service:
- Hands on management of Major Incidents & Problems
- Management of actions to reduce Incidents & Problems and improve Change success
- Project deliverables management
- Provide single point of management and escalation for delivery teams on the service.
- Interaction is with senior leadership within Accenture, involving matters that may require acceptance of an alternate approach
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments with latitude in decision-making
- Requires involvement in setting strategic direction to establish near-term goals for area(s) of responsibility
- Interaction is with senior management levels at a client and/or within Accenture, involving negotiating or influencing on significant matters
- Prepare and analyze complex reports/information and formulate conclusions
- Required to direct work within clear budget guidelines
- Meet with project managers on large or complex projects to determine format, plan the project timeframe and estimate the project's overtime needs
- Perform analysis of quality audits; analyze results and develop process improvements to maintain quality deliverables
- Assist with providing operational statistics and escalate operational issues to supervisor
- Plan and facilitate weekly (as required) team calls/meetings. May present and facilitate at group meetings and new hire integrations; may develop presentation content
- Participate, either voluntarily or through supervisor's request, on task forces, process teams, committees and special projects
- Ensure completion of time and expense reports for self and team members per policies. Maintain accurate records for chargeable time to client projects
- Manage numerous, complex projects requiring high level capabilities with minimal supervision