Effective Date: December 9, 2020
If you have special accessibility needs to access the content of this statement please consult our Accessibility Statement and recommendations or contact us.
Scope of this privacy statement
Accenture Federal Services understands the importance of protecting your personal information, and this privacy statement explains how we protect the personal information we collect, process, and control relating to you ("your personal information") and the rights you have regarding the processing of your personal information.
This statement applies to the personal information that we collect and process from employees (including current, potential, and former) and third parties (including subcontractors, consultants, suppliers, visitors, attendees of events that we host, business contacts, and website users).
Where information we collect from or about an individual is not listed in this privacy statement, we will provide (when required by law) the relevant individuals with appropriate notice of what other information will be collected and how it will be used.
This privacy statement is comprised of the following sections:
Information that we collect from and about you
Categories of Personal Information
Accenture Federal Services may directly or indirectly collect, combine, and/or otherwise process personal information from and about you for the purposes set forth in the section "How we use your information". Categories of personal information collected may include the following:
|Category of Personal Information
|Personal contact information and biographical details
||Name, contact information (e.g., email, telephone numbers, physical address), employer information, and, in some cases, gender, date of birth, age, place of birth.
|Resumes and employment-related materials
||The content of employment applications and records, including but not limited to: resumes, references, interview notes, transcripts, certifications, credentials, letters of offer and acceptance of employment, evaluations, performance assessments, disciplinary records, policy and compliance acknowledgement, payroll-related information, and benefits-related information (including eligibility for short-term disability and leaves of absence).
||Photographs and/or images, including video footage captured on CCTV or other video systems when you visit or work at our facilities, voice recordings from use of Accenture Federal Services managed telephonic services.
||History and records of the products and services you have obtained from Accenture Federal Services.
|Cookies and geolocation data
||Device information, such as that collected through cookies, or, geolocation information. Our website is hosted on our behalf by Accenture and thus incorporates the same cookies and other technology that Accenture uses for its website and describes in connection with its privacy statement. To adjust your cookie settings, see the Cookies Consent Manager. In addition, most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you may manually modify or disable the cookie acceptance function on your browser. For more information on modifying or disabling cookies, go to the "help" menu on your browser or to Network Advertising or Your online Choices. Our website may still be viewed if you choose to disable cookies, but your use and enjoyment of our website may be adversely affected. Please see Accenture’s Cookies Policy for more details regarding our use of these technologies.
|Sensitive personal information
AFS generally does not collect sensitive personal information (such as racial or ethnic origin, genetic and biometric data, physical or mental health, veteran status, etc.), unless necessary for purposes defined in this statement (See How We Use Your Data for further details). For example:
- Citizenship and identity verification documentation: We may collect and log data on citizenship when you visit our offices or attend one of our events and as required by our contractual obligations with the U.S. federal government.
|Records of correspondence
||If you contact us, or make postings, comments, or other content uploads to AFS websites or social media, we may keep a record of that correspondence, including any personal information you included in the communication.
Why do we process your information
Accenture Federal Services does not collect, use, share, or disclose your personal information unless: (i) it is lawful to do so, (ii) we have a specific business purpose for doing so, and (iii) you have consented to our processing of your information, to the extent such consent is mandatory under applicable laws, and have not subsequently withdrawn that consent. If consent is not legally required, we may process personal information only to the extent necessary in one or more of the following circumstances.
|Use of your information
|To establish and maintain contractual relationships
- Facilitating communications with potential and actual clients and service providers;
- Managing and administering the work activities of our employees;
- Establishing and maintaining employment relationships with contractor, subcontractor, and consultant personnel;
- Fulfilling our obligations to current clients;
- Contacting clients regarding account-related issues and business communications, including technical notices, updates, security alerts, and administrative messages; and
- Enabling individuals to access and use our services.
|To comply with our legal obligations and government regulatory requirements
- Demonstrating compliance with applicable privacy and data security laws;
- Complying with incident monitoring, reporting, assessment, and notification requirements;
- Complying with other applicable criminal and civil law and regulatory requirements under federal, state, and international law;
- Complying with regulatory obligations, such as income tax, mandatory filings, record-keeping, and reporting obligations; and
- Conducting audits and complying with government inspections and other requests from government or other public authorities.
|To provide services and information that you request and consent to receive
- Providing customer service and support;
- Facilitating communications with you, including responding to your comments, questions, and requests;
- Recruiting-related activities and purposes;
- Providing information and services to AFS alumni;
- Authorizing your access to Accenture Federal Services facilities; and
- Facilitating your attendance at Accenture Federal Services events and activities.
|To fulfill our other legitimate interests to the extent that they are not overridden by individual interests, fundamental rights, or freedoms
- Administering, operating, maintaining, and securing our website, networks, and information systems;
- Monitoring and analyzing trends, usage, and activities in connection with our website and to conduct our business activities;
- Investigating and preventing fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to our website and information systems, and other illegal activities;
- Verifying compliance with our internal policies and procedures;
- For accounting, recordkeeping, backup, and administrative purposes;
- Customizing and improving the content of our communications and website;
- Providing information and education;
- Providing, operating, managing, maintaining, improving, personalizing, and promoting our business activities;
- Conducting market research and marketing our products and services (first-party marketing only, as we do not provide personal information to third parties for use in marketing any non-Accenture Federal Services goods or services), unless you have objected to such processing as described in the section "Your control over your information";
- Implementing, maintaining, and updating our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database;
- Social listening, i.e., identifying and assessing what is being said about Accenture Federal Services and our clients and projects on social media (only publicly accessible content) to understand sentiment, intent, mood and market trends and thereby improving our services. We do this through keyword searches and our goal is to gain insights in conversation trends over a specified period and not to identify an individual. To achieve this, we analyze and monitor conversation streams and monitor publicly available opinions, statements or other interactions on social media channels;
- Performing data analytics, i.e., applying analytics to business operations and data to describe, predict, and/or improve business performance within Accenture Federal Services and/or to improve employee and user experiences (more details on how we run analytics on our website can be found in our Cookies Policy);
- Protecting, enforcing, or defending the legal rights, privacy, safety, and/or property of Accenture Federal Services and its employees or agents;
- Protecting the vital interests of the individual in a "life or death" situation; or
- To perform a task carried out in the public interest, including activities related to public health, public benefits, or insurance.
We may combine collected information with other information from and about you as described in this privacy statement. If we do not obtain your personal information directly from you, we may obtain it from other sources, provided that such collection meets the criteria outlined in this section.
If you provide us with personal information of another person (for instance, a potential employee/referral), you are responsible for ensuring that such person is made aware of the information contained in this privacy statement and that the person has given you their consent for sharing the information with Accenture Federal Services. As required and where circumstances allow, we will use aggregated, deidentified, or otherwise anonymized data (non-personal information) to accomplish these purposes, but if we do not, or if we combine non-personal information with personal information, we will continue to treat it as personal information in accordance with this privacy statement.
How we share and disclose your information
We may transfer personal information to our service providers and professional advisors, public and governmental authorities, AFS companies/affiliates or third parties in connection with AFS’s operation of its business, including any (potential) corporate or commercial transaction. Such third parties may be located in other countries. Before we do so, we shall take the necessary steps to ensure that your personal information will be given adequate protection as required by relevant data privacy laws.
For example, we may disclose personal information to third parties for other business purposes as follows:
- We share your information with third-party service providers that provide services to us, including billing, payment processing, customer service, email deployment, advertising and marketing, security and performance monitoring, maintaining or servicing accounts, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, research, data hosting, auditing, and data processing;
- To protect and defend the legal rights, safety, and security of AFS, our affiliates, users, or the public, including to protect against fraud and malicious activity; and
- For other business purposes described in this privacy statement or for any other purpose disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or pursuant to your consent.
We may also share your information in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of a website, a merger, consolidation, asset sale, initial public offering, or in the unlikely event of a bankruptcy.
Unless you are otherwise notified, any transfers of your personal information from within the European Economic Area (EEA) to third parties outside the EEA will be based on an adequacy decision or are governed by legally valid transfer mechanisms. Any other non-EEA related transfers of your personal information will take place in accordance with the appropriate international data transfer mechanisms and standards.
Your control over your information
You may be entitled, where provided for under applicable law, to certain rights regarding your personal information. These rights could include one or more of the following:
- Request access to the personal information we process about you: this right entitles you to know whether we hold personal information about you and, if we do, to obtain information on and a copy of the specific pieces and categories of personal information.
- Request a rectification of your personal information: this right entitles you to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Object to the processing of your personal information: this right entitles you to request that Accenture Federal Services no longer processes your personal information.
- Request the erasure or deletion of your personal information: this right entitles you to request the erasure or deletion of your personal information, including where such personal information would no longer be necessary to achieve the purposes.
- Request the restriction of the processing of your personal information: this right entitles you to request that Accenture Federal Services only processes your personal information in limited circumstances, including with your consent. Please note that this will not affect Accenture Federal Services’ right to process personal information obtained prior to the withdrawal of your consent, or its right to continue parts of the processing based on other legal bases than your consent.
- Request portability of your personal information: this right entitles you to receive a copy (in a portable and, if technically feasible, readily usable format) of your personal information, or request Accenture to transmit such personal information to another data controller.
- Opt-out of receiving Accenture Federal Services communications: You may opt-out by using the unsubscribe link within each email. Note that, as long as you maintain an account with us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding our services.
- Submit a question or complaint: You may contact us with a question or complaint about this privacy statement, your personal information, or our data security practices with regard to your personal information. If, despite our commitment and efforts to protect your personal information, you believe that your data privacy rights have been violated, we encourage and welcome you to come to Accenture Federal Services first to seek resolution of any complaint.
In addition to some of the rights listed above, the California Consumer Privacy Act provides California residents with the following specific rights:
- California law provides California residents with the right to receive a privacy notice with information about what we have collected, disclosed for business purposes, and sold during the preceding 12 months. This Privacy Statement provides information about the categories of information that we have collected, the sources of that information, the purposes for which we have used the information, and the categories of third parties to whom we have disclosed the information for business purposes.
- California law also affords California residents a right to opt out of the "sale" of your personal information. This right is applicable to the extent that Accenture Federal Services is engaging in a "sale" of your personal information as that term is defined under applicable law. While Accenture Federal Services generally is not in the business of selling information, there are limited circumstances where we share personal information with our clients, third-party partners, or others that we treat as a sale for which California residents have the right to opt out. Since our website is operated by Accenture, please click here or call 1-844-833-2556 (during standard Pacific Standard Time (PST) office hours and only available in English) to opt out of the "sale" of any of your personal information collected through this website.
- We do not sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age without affirmative authorization.
Exercising your rights
Please contact us to exercise your rights. Once we receive your request, we may verify it by requesting information sufficient to confirm your identity. Where necessary, this may include asking you for a copy of your passport or driver’s license. If you would like to use an authorized agent to exercise your rights, we may request evidence that you have provided such agent with power of attorney or that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to submit requests to exercise rights on your behalf. We reserve the right to deny requests from authorized agents in certain circumstances, such as where we have a reasonable belief that the request is fraudulent.
If you choose to exercise your rights, you will not be charged different prices or provided a different quality of services unless those differences are related to the provision of your personal information or otherwise permitted by law.
Security, storage, and retention
Accenture Federal Services uses reasonable physical, technical, and administrative measures to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk associated with the personal information that we collect. We protect personal information under our control – and, require other Accenture entities and third-party service providers that we work with to protect – against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of or access. Only authorized employees have access to the data you provide, and that access is limited to least privileged, need to know access. Accenture Federal Services employees who have access to your personal information have agreed to maintain the confidentiality of that information. Although we strive to protect the information in our control, we cannot guarantee absolute security.
Where your personal information is stored and/or processed
Accenture Federal Services is a U.S.-based company that may transfer information that we collect, including personal information, to our U.S. offices to permit us to comply with our legal and contractual obligations, to provide information and services to prospective and current clients, and to perform related business activities. In addition, we may work with other Accenture entities and with third-party service providers in the U.S. and in other countries to support our business activities. Thus, personal information may be transferred to, stored on servers in, and accessed from the U.S. and countries other than the country in which it was initially collected. In all such instances, we process personal information solely for the purposes described in this privacy statement.
Except to the extent limited by U.S. law and by Accenture Federal Services’ contractual obligations, Accenture Federal Services complies with applicable international law regarding the protection and transfer of personal information ("International Privacy Law"). For additional information, including with regard to personal information collected from individuals based in the European Economic Area (EEA), see "Our Compliance with International Privacy Law" section below.
Accenture Federal Services retains information, including personal information, only as long as necessary to accomplish the business purpose for which it was collected and to comply with its legal and contractual obligations, and then securely disposes of that information or converts it into non-personal information by aggregating it, de-identifying it, or otherwise anonymizing it so that it does not directly or indirectly identify you and cannot, with reasonable efforts, resources, and technologies, be used to re-identify you.
Our website and the services we provide to our clients are not directed to or intended for individuals under the age of 16. Without affirmative authorization, we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16 years of age, nor do we sell the personal information of children under 16 years of age. If we become aware that a child under the age of 16 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information. If you become aware that a child under the age of 16 has provided us with personal information, please contact us.
Transfers of personal information from the EEA to the U.S. and other Non-EEA countries
Accenture Federal Services only transfers personal information from the EEA to the U.S. (and/or other non-EEA countries) consistent with the practices described in this privacy statement, in compliance with Accenture Federal Services’ legal obligations and applicable, valid data transfer mechanisms and/or supplementary measures that establish appropriate safeguards for that data.
Contact us - questions, complaints, and additional information
If you have questions, complaints, or concerns about this Privacy Statement, your Personal Information, or our use and disclosure practices, or you wish to exercise your options as described in this Privacy Statement, please contact us at AFS.Data.Privacy@accenturefederal.com or by mail to:
Accenture Federal Services
800 N. Glebe Road, Suite 300
Arlington, Virginia 22203