The Data Security Consultant plays a pivotal role in implementing and managing solutions to protect our clients from internal and external security threats. In this role you will engaged in encryption and key management technologies that support the implementation, documentation, and maintenance of data security standards within the client’s organization. The Data Security Consultant should be able to understand, communicate, and implement end-to-end data security capabilities such as:
- Secure Data Strategy - Embedding security into the overall approach and vision for data in an organization.
- Secure Data Governance - Enabling the people & process of an organization to secure the flow of data through the organization.
- Secure Data Integration - Incorporating secure technological and business processes to align data from various sources.
- Data Protection - Provide immutable capabilities layered on top of data at rest or in motion to secure the contents from unauthorized access.
- Data Control - Implementation of technical capabilities such as rights management to enforce the movement or transmission of data.
- Data Security in the Cloud - Implementation of technical capabilities to protect and secure data in the cloud.
- Database Security – Implementation of technical capabilities to protect and secure structured and unstructured database assets.
- Secure Data Analytics - Collection and analysis of business and event data to drive security value and enabling the utilization of data as a business asset.
- Act as the technical lead for client projects
- Ability to lead junior security analysts while fostering opportunities for growth
- Contribute to the development of innovative principles and ideas
- Identify and capitalize on opportunities to improve program performance, capitalize on mission achievement, and contribute to the process for improving operations
For now, all Accenture business travel, international and domestic, is currently restricted to client-essential sales/delivery activity only.
Please note: The safety and well-being of our people continues to be the top priority, and our decisions around travel are informed by government COVID-19 response directives, recommendations from leading health authorities and guidance from a number of infectious disease experts.
- Minimum of 2 years hands on experience with data protection standards: Encryption (FPE), Tokenization, Masking and including Key Management
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with General understanding of data security risks and mitigation strategies
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with General understanding of privacy/data privacy standards and regulations local, domestic, and global (State Level Data Protection, ISO, GAPP, NIST 800-53, HIPAA, HiTrust, Privacy by Design, GDPR, EU Data Protection Directives, APEC Privacy Framework)
- Minimum Associate Degree or equivalent (minimum 6 years work experience)
- Industry recognized Professional Security certification preferred (CISSP, CIPP/IT, CRISC)
- Knowledge with the following protocols: PKCS#11, KMIP, SSL/TLS, and PKI
- Knowledge with Key Management Lifecycle: Creation, Import, Export, Usage, Rotation, Destruction, and Auditing
- Knowledge with External Key Management with Cloud: Azure, AWS, and GCP
- Experience with Encryption or External Key Management with one or more of the following database platforms: Oracle, MongoDB, SQL Server, and MySQL
- Experiment with range of data protection vendors, product capabilities and solutions: Thales CipherTrust, Thales Luna HSM, Entrust nCipher HSM, Fornetix, and KeyFactor
- Experience working for the Big 4 or Global Solution Integrator
- Knowledge of data security vendors and product capabilities
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative, more competitive and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.