Strategic Program & Ops Manager
Responsible for managing and driving Program/Capability ownership, Stakeholder management and collaboration and Program/Project management. They act as subject matter experts supporting teams and applying program and change management expertise and knowledge. This role may serve as the owner of key processes.
Your role includes some or all the following key responsibilities. You should review these in conjunction with career level guidelines to gain a clear understanding of the expectations for your role.
- Manage relationships with stakeholder groups within GS and work with key individuals across corporate functions, finance, center of excellence, geographic units and the business to develop solutions
- Lead and be the point of contact for the programs/initiatives within and outside team/project to ensure appropriate communication and timely response to requests. They may also be the point of contact for day to day business operations related to the program.
- Define and manage communications for the program and operations
- Help translate the high-level vision or strategy into specific initiatives and activities for implementation
- Orchestrate timely delivery across a complex, global organizational structure
- Lead the critical path, project dependencies, completion, milestone compliance and cost/budget
- Support strategy, key policy controls, process metrics and integration with other functional teams
- Manage coordination and communication with the leadership and teams to ensure initiatives meet planned schedule, budget and quality commitments
- Lead/support continuous improvement efforts for processes, tools, metrics/reporting, and trainings based on ongoing experience, process metrics and feedback from stakeholders
- Ensure that the geographic teams collaborate with the function to meet the needs of strategic initiatives
- Manage the goals, objectives, overall performance and budget of their assigned projects and teams
- Provide leadership and day to day direction for junior resources on team; perform People Lead responsibilities for 1 or more resources
Risk and Compliance
- Manage risk and issues
- Meet program and initiative deadlines
- Understand interdependencies with programs/initiatives across corporate functions