Accenture is an equal opportunity employer. We have an unwavering commitment to equality for all. Together, we are acting, we are leading, and we will drive change across the globe.
Global Legal Network (GLN) is a group of professionals operating globally from 10 countries. It provides a broad spectrum of differentiated services - focused on delivering value and innovation. We partner with Legal teams across Accenture to build efficiencies and centres of excellence related to Legal services; and through our size, geographic spread and language diversity, the Global Legal Network is able to drive quality, agility and speed in our services, aligned to Accenture’s relentless focus on maximum efficiency and operational effectiveness.
CORE and Global Services (CGS) is a group of legal professionals working and supporting different legal areas such as Compliance, Regulatory Offerings, Ethics, Procurement, Corporate Matters and the Services Areas aligned with the new offerings and technologies such as Strategy & Consulting, Interactive, Technology, Security and Operations.
Ethics & Compliance (Anti Money Laundering) Role Summary – To support the Know Your Customer (KYC) team within Legal to conduct in-depth investigative research and analysis that enables Accenture to detect and assess potential Money Laundering/Terrorist Financing risks (incl. financial crime, predicate offences, etc.) posed by existing or potential clients.
- Understand the CORE areas
- Understand relevant company policies
- Proactively enhance knowledge in context of the support area
- Understand company's approval processes and ensures that all stakeholders are timely engaged and informed on the relevant process
- Assist team in drafting checklists, process documents and generic tracking reports
- Directly liaison with internal stakeholders on various issues
- Recognize issues and provide timely escalation to Team Lead or appropriate stakeholders
- Understand and suggest process improvements in the support area
- Provide on the job training and support to the new joiners of the team
- Supervise resources, as required
- Support implementation of new initiatives in the support area or within Legal/GLN
- Build credible and effective relationships with onshore counsels and within GLN team
- Support tech team in development of new tech tool or enhancement of existing ones
- Manage SharePoint and communication records
Specific Responsibilities aligned to Role
- Perform in-depth KYC investigative research on companies and individuals by utilizing a range of sources.
- Keep thorough records and supporting documentation for all investigations.
- Produce in-depth and high-quality reports in English that provide assessments on reputational and regulatory risks, including financial crime.
- Directly liaise with internal stakeholders, including other legal or compliance functions.
- Ensure clients are researched in line with company policies and procedures, ensure issues are resolved and escalate to line manager.