Chemical and Natural Resources - Marketing Associate Director
Manage all aspects of the industry global marketing program for the chemicals and the natural resources networks, driving market leadership: partner with key business stakeholders; develop marketing strategies; oversee planning and execution of all internal and external marketing activities; collaborate across the entire M+C organization; and supervise a team of four M+C professionals.
Provide best-in-class marketing support for Accenture’s chemicals and natural resources businesses:
- Understand the macroeconomic trends, industry dynamics and business imperatives impacting companies in the chemicals and natural resources (mining, metals, forest products and building materials) sectors.
- Manage the stakeholder relationship with business leadership, serving as the primary contact on all marketing-related matters and partnering to determine how marketing can best improve Accenture’s position in the market.
- Lead the planning and execution of strategic marketing programs that align with Accenture’s business objectives, helping to raise awareness, drive differentiation and support client conversations.
- Develop compelling, differentiated, industry-relevant content that supports the Accenture narrative and growth priorities and is easy-to-use in the context of customer relationship management at key accounts and in new business pursuits.
- Steward the completion of required cross-industry marketing content and initiatives.
- Manage relationships and sponsorships with third parties such as industry associations.
Collaborate extensively within and outside of the marketing organization to optimize relevance and impact of marketing programs:
- Communicate regularly with teams outside of marketing to ensure alignment on priority initiatives. These areas include: learning; solution development; research; knowledge services; and program management.
- Collaborate across all areas within marketing (as needed) to leverage channel/function expertise and ensure shared success. These areas include: brand/strategy; geographic marketing; client relationship marketing; internal communications; media relations; analyst relations; campaign management; event management; digital marketing; social media; and creative design.
- As capacity allows, participate in special projects that span all aspects of the marketing organization and/or act as an industry liaison to another marketing entity.
Drive operational excellence across the marketing program:
- Understand, follow and be a champion for new and established marketing processes and procedures.
- Adopt a data-led, insights-rich, topic-focused marketing approach for all activities and define clear metrics for assessing effectiveness.
- Track spending and manage to quarterly budget allocation.
- Lead a team of four experienced marketers, building a culture of trust, setting clear expectations and providing career guidance as needed.