Data Engineering Consultant
Data Engineering Consultant (Accenture LLP; Houston, TX): Accenture LLP has multiple openings for the position of Data Engineering Consultant in Houston, TX, and the job duties are as follows:
- Manage and support enterprise reports build on MicroStrategy using Netezza Database, perform issues troubleshooting, batch job management, root cause analysis, and provide periodic updates to client stakeholders.
- Meet service level agreements that include application and critical reports availability.
- Perform root cause analysis and code level fixes for bugs identified in production environment.
- Work on prioritization for offshore delivery team for critical report changes and drive daily hand-off.
- Perform application monitoring, patching, and validations.
- Interface with business stakeholders and translate requirements into technical scope of work, coordinate end-to-end (E2E) and user acceptance testing.
- Participate in review and approval of production change orders.
- Work on continuous improvement activities that involves proactive fixes, system improvements, and automation.
- Manage escalations with client stakeholders.
- Collaborate with multiple application teams for cross-functional activities including third-party vendors.
Must have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Technology, Computer Information Systems, Computer Applications, Engineering, Business Analytics, or related field, plus 2 years of experience in the IT consulting industry.
Must have 2 years of experience in each of the following:
- Programming and building large scale data analytics solutions operating in production environments;
- Designing, implementing large scale data pipelines for data curation, feature engineering, and machine learning, using Spark in combination with PySpark, Java, Scala, or Python; and
- Utilizing on premise or on Cloud tools including AWS, Google, or Azure.
Must have 1 year of experience in each of the following:
- Designing and building performant data tiers, or refactoring existing ones, that support scaled AI and Analytics, using different Cloud native data stores on AWS, Azure, NoSQL, and Graph Stores; and
- Designing and building streaming data ingestion, analysis and processing pipelines using Kafka, Kafka Streams, and Spark Streaming cloud native technologies.
Must have willingness and ability to travel domestically approximately 80% of the time to meet client needs.
To apply, please click the ‘APPLY’ button.
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.