We are seeking a highly motivated, Mid to Senior level Information System Security Engineer (ISSE) looking for hands-on experience and an opportunity for career growth. This role is in support of multiple, force protection systems involving Microsoft, Linux, and Virtualized (VMware) services. Working as part of a team, the ideal candidate will facilitate compliance with NIST’s Risk Management Framework, SP 800-53 security controls, and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGS).
- Identify, Select, and Implement applicable security controls for various operating systems and applications IAW NIST SP 800-37, Risk Management Framework.
- Develop and maintain bodies of evidence (BOE) for managed information systems, custom application, services, and networks.
- Develop and disseminate system security policies, processes, and likewise governing products in service of maintaining a low operational risk picture.
- Conduct internal vulnerability assessments and facilitate external Audits.
- Coordinate security-related tasks and activities across other functional areas E.g. Program Management, Engineering, Software Development, etc.
- Produce documentation in response to, and satisfaction of information security requirements.
- Develop full ATO Packages and ATO supporting documentation. Examples are: SSPs, RARs, POA&Ms, SCTMs, RTMs, SLCMs, SARs, Certification Test Reports, Briefings, and Training products. Assist in a secure change management process and related Change Control Boards (CCB).
- Represent the IA function in CCBs and the change management process, including speaking on behalf of the IA Teams to address approval or denial of Change Requests
- Conduct Security Impact Analyses (SIA) on System Change Requests
- Maintain a professional appearance, demeanor, and relationship with colleagues and clients.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and complex tasks in a dynamic work environment.
- Must have the ability to translate technical concepts to semi-technical clients.
Here's what you need:
- 8-10 years of experience configuring and securing systems to achieve compliance with Security requirements (Controls, STIGS).
- 5+ years of experience conducting Assessment and Authorization (A&A) using Risk Management Framework (RMF) activities; across all 6 steps.
- 3-5 years expertise administering Windows, Linux, VMWare, and Cisco network devices, in an enterprise or tactical environment.
- 3+ years experience and competency with the Microsoft Office Suite. E.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- 3+ years experience and competency with Nessus/ACAS and HBSS/McAfee ePo.
- 3+ years working with and understanding classified networks, systems, and the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Possess and maintain DoD 8570.1 IAT/IAM Level 3 Certification, Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or comparable.
- BA/BS/MS degree in computer science, cybersecurity, or equivalent IT certified experience.
Bonus Points if you have:
- Experience working with non-traditional IT (Example - Small, purpose-built computers and/or networked sensor equipment is a Plus.)
- Certifications: MCSE, Linux+, CEH, CHFI, OCSP.
- Experience with eMass, XACTA
- Experience with Agile, Scrum
Compensation for roles at Accenture Federal Services varies depending on a wide array of factors including but not limited to the specific office location, role, skill set and level of experience. As required by local law, Accenture Federal Services provides a reasonable range of compensation for roles that may be hired in California, Colorado, New York City or Washington as set forth below and information on benefits offered is here.
Role Location: Range of Starting Pay for role
California: $105,200 - $168,400
Colorado: $105,200 - $145,500
New York City: $121,700 - $168,400
Washington: $112,100 - $154,900
The safety and well-being of our candidates, our people and their families continues to be a top priority. Until travel restrictions change, interviews will continue to be conducted virtually.
Subject to applicable law, please be aware that Accenture requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. Accenture will consider requests for accommodation to this vaccination requirement during the recruiting process.
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 700,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.