Industry X - Digital Manufacturing & Operations. Through deep industry experience, analytics and insights, we empower clients to survive and thrive in the new, the now, and the unknown. To stay agile in a world dominated by change, the C-suite must keep the core business running while simultaneously identifying and investing in the new. Industry X Consulting enables leaders to act quickly and confidently as they pivot to the future. We define Industry X as digital reinvention of manufacturing / engineering and believe that smart, connected digital products and assets are about to create hyper-personalized industrial experiences, completely new levels of operational efficiency and brand-new sources of revenue growth. Known for our ability to execute at speed, we help clients determine clear, actionable paths to competitive agility by bringing them new thinking on business and technology.
A functional consulting expert with an abundance of experience in Manufacturing operations and Industry X Technologies, including leadership and management skills to spare. Your expertise? Advising clients on data driven strategies to achieve their strategic, financial, and operational goals. You have energy and drive in abundance, along with personal resilience, a passion for serving clients, and a love of continual learning. You have a flair for breaking down processes into logical parts and constructing crystal-clear reasoning and analyses - an aptitude you use to decimate problems. Communication and people skills? You have both in spades, and as a manager you are a natural at appreciating diverse perspectives and bringing out the best in teams.
You will support our clients across a broad range of industries to address their issues related to:
- Design of Digital Factory & Implementation - Industry 4.0 IoT platform, artificial intelligence, machine learning, prescriptive maintenance, connected devices, connected workers, blockchain, etc.
- Design and Execution of Operating Model for Manufacturing function
- Use the latest analytical tools to help clients:
- Improve plant throughput
- Boost reliability
- Increase quality
- Stick to, or get ahead of, production schedules
- Cost reduction and M&A synergies for manufacturing conversion costs
- You will spot, isolate, and solve manufacturing problems using your skills in:
- Manufacturing Process Excellence - Planning/Scheduling, Routing Optimization, Capital projects
- Operating model architecture - people, process technology
- Advanced analytics - Network Optimization, Make vs Buy models, Business case models
- You will also, throughout your work, have opportunities to:
- Lead small to medium sized teams (3-10), with diverse backgrounds skills and knowledge
- Effectively manage and coach others, collaborating with internal and external parties
- Support client sales origination and thought leadership development
- Challenge legacy ways of working using constructive techniques that fuel client growth
- Drive a positive impact in the communities where we work and live
Be ready to build air miles with travel to client sites Monday to Friday
For now, all Accenture business travel, international and domestic, is currently restricted to client-essential sales/delivery activity only.
Please note: The safety and well-being of our people continues to be the top priority, and our decisions around travel are informed by government COVID-19 response directives, recommendations from leading health authorities and guidance from a number of infectious disease experts.
Qualifications - External
Here’s what you need:
- Minimum of 7-8 years of manufacturing production experience in either continuous or discrete manufacturing environments
- Minimum of 4 years of experience at a consulting firm assessing operations issues, developing business cases, blueprinting improvement projects, and manufacturing process improvement projects
- Strong quantitative skills and analytical thinker with 2-3 years of prior experience in driving insights using statistics or data analysis
- Strong financial acumen
- A Bachelor’s Degree
Bonus points if:
- Manufacturing Operations experience in Lifesciences Industry:
- Experience with drug product / substance manufacturing
- Led and implemented digital solutions (process control systems, continuous manufacturing, etc. at scale
- Understanding of clinical development cycle (clinical to commercial)
- Impact of pharma contact manufacturing on the manufacturing network
- Technical/scientific background: understanding of the new age therapies from a technical and business standpoint
- You have an MBA or equivalent graduate degree
- Lean or Six Sigma qualifications
- Prior experience in driving insights using visualization tools (i.e. Power BI, Tableau, Alteryx) and analytics tools (i.e. Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics)
Unless expressly indicated, this role is not open in the state of Colorado.
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative, more competitive and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
HR Transformation Strategy Consulting Manager
Strategy Inclusion, Diversity, & Equity Senior Manager
USA IL - Chicago
Supply Chain & Operations – Integrated Planning & Fulfillment – Manager
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.