Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 469,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
The Commodity Planner handles commodity planning for strategic, high-value commodities.
- Validate weekly and quarterly material forecasts
- Release planned orders for identified commodities, using MRP (materials requirements planning) outputs, inventory positions and other planning inputs
- Support supplier risk assessment and monitor supplier performance
- Identify and work with support teams to address master data issues in bills of materials (BOMs), costs, and lead times
- Support quarterly activities such as excess and obsolescence and provide lead time update
- Share forecasts with client’s suppliers, and track to verify material dispatches to forecast for client’s strategic memory commodity suppliers
- Work with suppliers on changes to forecasts, pull ins and push outs, and communicate to partner teams, as needed
- Execute mitigating activities for issues with material delivery, invoicing and master data as well as working with suppliers and internal client stakeholders from purchasing, warehouse, accounts payable and product lifecycle management (PLM)
- Support disposition of E&O (excess & obsolete) inventory at manufacturer location and warehouses by getting a salvage quote, implementing selling process to memory manufacturers
- Gather data related to material availability, analyze the data, and report metrics around material availability and supplier performance
- Support design and development of metrics, reports, dashboards and analyses to drive key business decisions in the commodity planning space
- Monitor dashboard of consumption and capitalization history of memory commodity
- Bachelor’s degree or Minimum 3 years’ experience in procurement or commodity planning/inventory management
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in supply chain planning, procurement, product lifecycle management (PLM) and/or manufacturing
- Minimum 1 year in commodity planning and/or inventory management
- Coding experience with SQL, BigQuery and Java Appscript
- Excellent analytical skills with advanced skills/knowledge of Excel spreadsheets
- Strong background in KPI and report dashboards development (i.e. using Tableau and Data Studio) and automation as well as information systems management
- Data visualization experience (i.e. charts, bars, images, dynamic reports, etc.)
- Stakeholder management experience
- Outstanding communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Self-driven with ability to work in an unstructured environment with minimal supervision
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative, more competitive and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
USA IL - Chicago
Digital Experience Strategic Program and Operations Manager
Program, Project & Service Mgmt
USA NC - Charlotte
Program/Project Management Coordinator
Program, Project & Service Mgmt
USA CA - San Jose
Infrastructure Deployment Project Coordinator
Program, Project & Service Mgmt
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.