Applied Intelligence, the people who love using data to tell a story. We’re also the world’s largest team of data scientists, data engineers, and experts in machine learning and AI. A great day for us? Solving big problems using the latest tech, serious brain power, and deep knowledge of just about every industry. We believe a mix of data, analytics, automation, and responsible AI can do almost anything—spark digital metamorphoses, widen the range of what humans can do, and breathe life into smart products and services. Want to join our crew of sharp analytical minds? Visit us here to find out more about Applied Intelligence.
At the Houston Innovation Hub, we have versatile talents, far-alternative perspectives, and proven methodology to help take ideas from whiteboard explorations to scaled solutions. We help Discover trends in technology and industry, solutions that overcome challenges and embrace opportunities, and Create valuable innovations - from rapid prototypes to practical applications.
An expert data scientist with an eye for AI. You want to change how the world works and lives by taking AI out of the lab and into everyday life.
- Develop custom models based on in-depth understanding of underlying data, data structures, and business problems to ensure analytics deliverables meet client needs
- Prototype and demonstrate products for clients in customer environments.
- Use your judgment to craft solutions to complex problems or seek guidance as needed
- Report on your progress regularly in writing and face-to-face
- Stay on new products that clients could use
- Work with peers and senior colleagues in Accenture and at client companies
Here’s what you need:
- Minimum of 2 years expertise or advanced statistical modeling, machine learning, data mining, unstructured data analytics in the Utilities / Energy Industry
- Minimum 2 years of developing machine learning methods, including familiarity with techniques in clustering, regression, optimization, recommendation, neural networks, and other.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills with minimum 2 years of experience with data science tools, including Python, R, Scala, Julia, or SAS
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in quantitative field, Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or related fields
Bonus points if:
- Passionate, creative, and forward thinking
- Familiarity with using cloud services (AWS, Google, Azure) or Big Data tools (Hadoop, Hive, Spark) in data science solutions
- Demonstrable knowledge in artificial intelligence, machine learning, data science, and other relevant technical domains
- Possess a blend of advanced analytical capabilities and consulting expertise that will create value and insights for our clients
Racking up those air miles will have to wait, as weekly non-essential travel to client sites Monday through Thursday is currently suspended. For now, all Accenture business travel, international and domestic, is currently restricted to client-essential sales/delivery activity only.
Please note: The safety and well-being of our people continues to be the top priority, and our decisions around travel are informed by government COVID-19 response directives, recommendations from leading health authorities and guidance from a number of infectious disease experts.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.