Organization: Corporate Functions/CIO
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions — underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network — Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 505,000 people serving clients in more than 200 cities with operations across 51 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
People in the Corporate Function career track contribute to the running of Accenture as a high- performance business through specialization within a specific functional area, and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area.
The Security Engineer is responsible for maintaining security compliance for assets across multiple Accenture Business Units. This individual will work within the Security Compliance and Operations (SCO) team within CIO reporting to the Security Sr. Manager. They will be responsible for working with asset owners to remediate security vulnerabilities identified by Information Security (IS). The Security Engineer will assist with responses to security breaches as identified by Accenture Security Operations Center (ASOC) and Cyber Incident Response Team (CIRT) teams. They will be responsible for partnering with Accenture teams and new Acquisitions. The Security Engineer will also be tasked with leading a team of Security Analysts responsible for managing the security compliance for all of our EU and APAC business units. The Security Engineer will consolidate reporting for the region, follow up on escalations, manage the day to day compliance work for the team, and be a liason between APAC and North American teammates that work opposite shifts.
- Work with all Information Security and CIO programs and teams to ensure compliance to security policies and standards.
- Coordinate with application, system, and cloud account owners to remediate vulnerabilities identified in the Information Security Dashboard (ISD).
- Provide technical guidance and assistance to clients and other Accenture groups in remediating security vulnerabilities on systems.
- Conduct daily follow-ups with asset owners as vulnerabilities age to ensure they are remediated before the go red on the ISD.
- Work directly with clients and Accenture teams to ensure timely rollout of new Information Security initiatives and tooling.
- Escalate issues to appropriate teams and leadership as appropriate to meet compliance deadlines.
- Develop and leverage security knowledge to provide detective, responsive, and preventative security controls.
- Respond to security breaches by working with our ASOC and CIRT teams to identify to scope of the breach, mitigate and implement corrective actions as recommended by the CIRT team.
- Write technical documentation including processes, procedures, and knowledgebase articles.
- Work closely with the V&A team to train new Acquisition personnel on Accenture Security practices and policies as well as provide assistance prioritizing and remediating vulnerabilities.
- Lead a team of Security Analysts tasked with providing security compliance support.
Additionally, the Security Engineer may be asked to.
- Perform direct security remediation activities on systems where access is granted, and changes are approved.
- Assess/install/maintain third-party tools on Windows and Linux servers
- Make proactive suggestions for service improvements and demonstrate commitment to Service Excellence
- Coordinate planned and unplanned outages with vendors and customers.
- Provide Outage Resolution Support for both server and network related issues. This includes investigation of outage cause, impact on user, and resolution.
- Provide operational support, ensuring systems and devices are online and available which may include 24x7 on-call support
- Create, track, and manage service orders with managed services vendor.
- Manage internal projects to implement new security programs, automation, or tooling.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a primarily security focused role
- Minimum of 5 year of experience supporting, patching, and troubleshooting either Windows or Linux servers
- Minimum of 2 years of experience supporting one or more infrastructure security technologies such as firewalls, intrusion prevention, security groups, access control lists (ACL)
- Minimum of 1 years of experience managing a team, being a team lead, or managing large projects
- Minimum of 1 years of experience using a vulnerability scanning solution (such as Qualys, Nessus, Tenable, or Nexpose
)and working with server and application owners to remediate vulnerabilities.
- Experience writing processes, procedures, and troubleshooting documentation to assist operations teams in support efforts.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Directory Services (Active Directory) to support Identity and Access Management and compliance related activities on Windows Server based operating systems.
- Basic understanding of public cloud offerings (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Ability to process large amounts of data and summarize into easy to consume and prioritize tasks
- Experience deploying and troubleshooting a variety of security agents (Qualys, Tanium, SEP, SIEM, FireEye, McAfee).
- Experiencing securing internally and externally facing web applications.
- Experience implementing encryption technologies to support secure computing and data storage.
- Maintain at least 1 security certification (CISSP, SANS, GIAC, CEH, CISM, Security+).
- Experience with compliance programs such as GDPR, PCI, HIPPA, etc
- Project Management certification or experience
- Familiarity with automation tools such as Chef, Ansible, or Terraform to support compliance related activities on Unix server based operating systems.
- Experience with merger and acquisitions integration.
- Experience designing and implementing security solutions in public and hybrid cloud environments (AWS, Azure and Google).
- Experience securing traditional IaaS, PaaS and managed private cloud technologies.
- Experience with network security technologies (Firewall, IPS, IDS, WAF, NSX, Cisco).
- Experience implementing and maintaining Vulnerability Scanners (Qualys, Tenable, Nessus, FireEye).
- Project Management experience
- Commitment to service excellence.
- Ability to work as part of a large distributed team.
- Driven to excel in a remote work environment with minimal supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Multi lingual
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative, more competitive and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
Unless expressly indicated, this role is not open in the state of Colorado.
USA CA - San Diego
Federal - PMO Analyst
Program, Project & Service Mgmt
Posted 1 day ago
USA MN - Minneapolis
Configuration Management Utility Analyst
Program, Project & Service Mgmt
Posted 1 day ago
USA CA - San Jose
PDM Data and Reporting Analyst
Program, Project & Service Mgmt
Posted 1 day ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.