Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Baltimore, MD
Accenture Federal Services, bringing together commercial innovation with the latest technology to unleash the potential for our federal clients. Every day we bring bold thinking and diverse disciplines to solve problems in new ways. Ready to learn as much as you can? We’ll give you numerous opportunities of formal & informal training sessions to keep your tech smarts sharp.
The ABAP/RICE Developer Senior Consultant, is responsible for the technical design, coding and unit testing of the SAP ERP Central Component (ECC), Public Sector Supplier Relationship Management (SRM), Supply Chain Management (SCM), Business Warehouse (BW) reporting, and is involved in maintenance, enhancement and/or development work of SAP modules and those that interface with other applications. You will have a range of skills and knowledge of the technologies used and applications supported by Client Service Teams. You will report to your Accenture Supervisor and Client Service Team Manager.
- Analyze, design, code and testing within emerging SAP technologies such as Suite on HANA, S/4 HANA, front-end Fiori Design/SAP UI5, SAP NetWeaver Gateway/OData, Personas, and associated technical tooling.
- Understand and deliver within a Waterfall Delivery Methodology and acquire understanding of Agile methodology.
- Maintenance, enhancement and/or development work of SAP components and those that interface with other applications.
- Technical analysis, design, code, configure and testing of components of SAP ERP Central Component (ECC), Public Sector Supplier Relationship Management (SRM), Supply Chain Management (SCM), and Business Warehouse (BW) reporting.
- Participate in pager/on-call support during off-hours/weekends/holidays.
- Plan and execute all required process steps as defined in Accenture Methodologies.
- Provide and own SAP ECC, SRM, SCM, BW, or SAP front-end application development support in assigned areas.
- Analyze, design, code, test break/fix requests, and enhancements to SAP ECC, SRM, or SCM BW objects.
- Work with Client, Accenture, and Teaming Partner team members to gather and interpret functional user/system requirements into technical design specifications.
- Develop technical system specifications and design SAP code to technical programming standards for break/fix requests and enhancements to SAP modules.
- Provide secondary support towards installation of application releases into production as directed.
- Participate in structured peer reviews / walkthroughs.
- Create operational documentation for the SAP applications.
- Meet service commitments for assigned deliverables and proactively providing work status.
- Organize and prepare work effectively to facilitate proactive resolution of problems.
- Assist your Accenture Supervisor and Client Service Team Manager in monitoring budget by providing estimated-time-to-complete (ETC) and actuals for assigned tasks.
- Anticipate, identify, track, resolve issues and risks affecting the applications.
Here's what you need:
- Bachelor of Science (BS) OR Bachelor of Arts (BA) Degree OR an additional 4 years of relevant SAP experience
- Minimum 4 years of SAP ABAP development OR other software development language/syntax and logic
- Minimum of 3 years experience with MS Office Suite
- Must be local to Mechanicsburg, PA area or willing to travel
- US Citizenship required; dual citizens not eligible
Bonus points if you have:
- US Federal Government IT experience
- Technical leadership experience
- Exposure to Systems Lifecycle Methodology (Waterfall/Agile)
- Prior IT Production Support experience
- Prior experience with Enterprise Warehouse Management Standard Fiori or S/4 solutions
- Extensive SAP ABAP development experience in one or more of the following SAP modules:
- Funds Management (FM)
- Financial Accounting (FI)
- Controlling (CO)
- Asset Management (AM)
- Project Management (PS)
- Supply Chain Management (SCM)
- Sales and Distribution (SD)
- Materials Management (MM)
- Production Planning (PP)
- Inventory Management (IM)
- Warehouse Management (WM)
- Human Resources (HR)
- Time and Attendance (TA)
- Workflow (WF)
- Business Warehouse (BW)
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture Federal Services.
Accenture Federal Services is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture Federal Services is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.