Location: Baltimore, MD
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It’s what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world’s leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast—the first time. So, you can deliver what matters most.
Count on us to help you embrace new ways of working, building for change and put customers at the core. A wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture, we bring over 30 years of experience serving the federal government, including every cabinet-level department. Our 7,200 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with our clients at the heart of the nation’s priorities in defense, intel, public safety, health and civilian to help you make a difference for the people you employ, serve and protect.
The Basis Administrator is responsible for the delivery of technical application administration services for SAP applications in production and development environments, verifying applications meet technical service levels, and taking appropriate corrective and maintenance actions. The Basis Administrator is responsible for the technology environment management function supporting the design, build, test, implementation, and environment support for production and development SAP solutions and associated application components. The Basis Administrator is required to participate in pager/on-call support. The Basis Administrator will provide estimates of software development, maintenance, and operations cost and schedule.
The Basis Administrator will:
• Providing design / maintenance / enhancement / support input for the technical application architecture and application operations as needed.
• Supporting starting and stopping all jobs for scheduled maintenance
• Supporting system shutdown and startup activities for an ERP
• Supporting project teams in response to unplanned system outages
• Maintaining availability of SAP through proactive management practices.
• Leading technical initiatives related to project, enhancement, and production issues resolution system environments.
• Technical and application issues resolution for both the development and production environment.
• Troubleshooting of application issues related to production and development environment incidents.
• Ensuring correct technical test execution based on change options.
• Documenting and executing technical change and configuration management processes.
• Supporting application developers to resolve issues and deliver enhancements to the current environment.
• Adherence to all security guidelines and procedures.
• Coordinating services with supporting organizations and 3rd parties as required.
• Reviewing all scope change requests for impact to the environment and Service Level Agreements.
• Performing application environment operations and on-going administration of application systems.
• Identifying & Applying OSS notes
• Supporting application security risk analyses and assessments
• Supporting information assurance and security requirements based upon the analysis of user, policy, regulatory, and resource demands
• Perform analysis, design, and development of features for system architectures
• Work with leadership, functional, and technical teams to understand and implement SAP applications
• Work with Auditors during reviews and able to communicate the segregation of duties conflicts and security risks to the organization
• Maintain technical architecture and operations consistency across development and production environments
• Work with Client, Accenture, and Teaming Partner team members and executives on and across the project team
• Plan and execute all required process steps as defined in our and client methodologies
• Provide SAP Disaster Recovery and Basis support in a timely manner
• Meet service commitments for assigned deliverables and proactively provide work status
• Continuously develop industry knowledge and associated skills
• Provide support toward installation of application releases into production and development environments as directed
• Coordinate and participate in structured peer reviews / walkthroughs
• Provide on-call BASIS support
• Create operational documentation
- 7 years of experience with ERP Shutdown and Startup
- Experience starting and stopping all jobs for scheduled maintenance
- Experience coordinating system shutdown and startup activities for entire ERP
- Experience coordinating project teams in response to unplanned system outages
- 1 or more years of SAP Batch Management and Control M experience
- Knowledge of Control-M and integration of Control-M with SAP
- Experience in Batch management and monitoring
- US citizenship required
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- 6 years of DoD Logistics Management experience in Batch related activities
- Basis administration experience highly preferred
- Familiar with DoD Logistics Change Lifecycle process
- Familiar with USD and Remedy process
- Familiar with CRDB process
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.