Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It’s what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world’s leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast—the first time. So you can deliver what matters most.
Count on us to help you embrace new ways of working, building for change and put customers at the core. A wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture, we bring over 30 years of experience serving the federal government, including every cabinet-level department. Our 7,200 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with our clients at the heart of the nation’s priorities in defense, intel, public safety, health and civilian to help you make a difference for the people you employ, serve and protect.
The Cloud Security Specialist is responsible for supporting the delivery of Accenture Federal Services' security offerings related to infrastructure security, including network security tools integration (firewalls, N-IDS, VPN, routers, switches), Security Architecture Design, development and implementation of security technologies. Our Security Specialists are familiar with security frameworks, compliance requirements and security planning and operations and may be conversant in basic project management principles and project quality methods.
The selected candidate will develop information systems assurance programs and control guidelines.
The Cloud Security Specialist (CSS) is a technical “boots on the ground” role that works directly with cloud security technologies deployed within the enterprise. The CSS is a “blue” security defense role that serves as a hands-on operator of cloud security capabilities related to monitoring, detection, and incident response. The responsibilities of the CSS are:
- Creation, monitoring, and management of cloud security dashboards, alerts, and notifications 24-hour incident response to cloud security threats.
- Generate, decipher, and distribute ad hoc reports to project teams based on the output of cloud security tools.
- Manage, configure, and troubleshoot cloud security tools and agents
- Review cloud network configurations to identify potential flaws and deviations from best practices.
- Execute security scans across cloud security systems using trusted tools. Coordinate with IT operations and developers to remediate discovered findings via plans of actions and milestones.
- Create scripted solutions for pulling key security information or conducting incident response actions related cloud management platform and monitoring solutions.
- Management of cloud whitelisting/blacklisting, data flow, and firewall technologies. This includes reviewing requests and providing approvals and exceptions based on security risk.
- Technical Bachelor's degree and 3 years of Relevant IT work experience OR 5 years of relevant IT work experience in lieu of a degree
- 2+ years of production environment experience with any cloud platform for controlling, creating, and managing cloud resources: Assets-virtual instances, customer Virtual Private Cloud, i.e. MS Azure / AWS Management Console, Google Cloud Platform; Oracle OCI, CLI (Command Line Interface).
- 2+ years of experience with Infrastructure as Code- YAML, JSON, Python, or PowerShell.
- US Citizenship Required (No Dual Citizenship)
- Experience building and maintaining cloud configuration templates (e.g. Terraform with HCL, SCALR, AWS Cloud Formation, Azure Resource Manager)
- 6 months experience with cloud platform access control tools and security policies (e.g. Azure Role Based Control, AWS Identity and Access Management, Oracle Cloud Infrastructure)
- 1 year of experience with security monitor tools, SIEMs, and Scanners (e.g. Elastic Stack, Tenable Nessus)
- Fortune 100 experience preferred
- CompTIA Security+ and/or CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP)
- Strong understanding of network scanning, configuration, execution, and reporting within a fully virtualized cloud environment.
- Strong analytical skills and an understanding of cloud networks and their threat vectors.
- Ability to work on-call or overnight to support incident management.
- Strong documentation skills for documenting configurations, security tool outputs, and reports
- Ability to work in a team or independently
- Problem solving skills for troubleshooting and fixing security cloud technologies/configurations
- 1 year of experience applying Federal Government standards and compliance
- 1 year of experience with IT Service Excellence (ITSE): ITIL, Service Level Management
- Basic scripting skills in languages native to the platform (JSON / YAML, PowerShell, SHELL, Python, or other scripting tool)
- Containerization - (Kubernetes (K8s), Docker, etc.)
- Ability to proficiently use, deploy, configure, and/or manage cloud security tools (Tenable I/O Nessus Azure Sentinel, AWS CloudWatch / CloudTrail, AWS Inspector, AWS Guard Duty, or similar type tool) within a virtualized environment
- Certification of Cloud Security Knowledge (CCSK)
- Certification in MS Azure or AWS
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require now or in the future sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Accenture is a federal contractor, an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Jobs Near You
Junior Program/Project Manager
Program, Project & Service Mgmt
Security Global Quality & Risk Associate Manager
Performance, Risk & Quality
Google Cloud Platform Solution Architect
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.