Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Greenbelt, MD
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It’s what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world’s leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast—the first time. So, you can deliver what matters most.
Count on us to help you embrace new ways of working, building for change and put customers at the core. A wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture, we bring over 30 years of experience serving the federal government, including every cabinet-level department. Our 7,200 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with our clients at the heart of the nation’s priorities in defense, intel, public safety, health and civilian to help you make a difference for the people you employ, serve and protect.
- Assist with the development of incident response plans, workflows, and SOPs
- Deploy and maintain security sensors and tools
- Monitor security sensors and review logs to identify intrusions
- Use high-level scripting/programming language to extract, de-obfuscate, or otherwise manipulate malware related data
- Work directly with cyber threat intelligence analysts to convert intelligence into useful detection
- Collaborate with incident response team to rapidly build detection rules as needed
- Identify incident root cause and take proactive mitigation steps
- Review vulnerabilities and track resolution
- Review and process threat intel reports
- Develop and implement detection use cases
- Develop and implement IDS signatures
- Assist with incident response efforts
- Create and brief customer reports
- Participate in on-call rotation for after-hours security and/or engineering issues
- Perform customer security assessments
As the Tier 3 SOC Analyst, you will have:
7+ years of professional work experience
5 years of experience working in or directly supporting a Security Operations Center/SOC environment
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree; Master’s Degree preferred
- 3 years of Splunk or related SIEM experience including creating reports, creating content, creating and running queries, defining correlation searches
- At least one of the following certifications: GCIH, GCIA, GPEN, GCFA, EnCE, OSCP, Splunk Certified Power User
- Experience with Splunk Enterprise Security (ES), Tanium
- Advanced training on anomaly detection; tool-specific training for data aggregation and analysis and threat intelligence
- Fuse locally derived and externally sourced cyber threat intelligence into signatures, detection techniques, and analytics intended to detect and track the advanced threat
- Strong understanding of root causes of malware infections and proactive mitigation
- Strong understanding of lateral movement and footholds
- Strong understanding of data exfiltration techniques. Demonstrated ability in critical thinking, problem solving, and analytics
- Real world experience analyzing complex attacks and understand TTPs of threat actors
- Experience in network/host-based intrusion analysis, malware analysis, forensics, and cyber threat intel
- Knowledge of advanced threat actors and complex attacks
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
LocationsDC,DC - Washington
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.