Organization: Corporate Functions/Finance
Location: Chicago, Walnut Creek or San Francisco
- Responsible for Accenture’s US indirect tax positions
- Assist Accenture in reaching its goals through identification and mitigation of US indirect tax risk and strategic tax planning for client engagements and acquisitions.
- Work collaboratively with other Tax SMEs, client engagement teams and outside advisors to execute US indirect tax planning efforts and initiatives.
- Build relationships with senior leadership on client deals and advise on US indirect tax related matters.
- Work collaboratively with other Accenture teams such as Corporate Development and Transaction Services, Finance, Legal, CFM and Internal Procurement.
- Work with Area Tax experts and outside advisors to research the implications of US indirect tax laws and changes to US indirect tax regulations and advise Accenture on related issues.
- Remain up to date on current US indirect tax laws and practices and communicate changes that impact client engagements to the project leadership teams.
- Monitor pending US indirect tax legislation applicable to Accenture
- Communicate US indirect tax law changes to Global Tax leadership and impacted deal team leadership
- Meet with client deal teams and client/vendor tax department personnel as appropriate to gather requisite information and negotiate tax aspects of major deals
- Review client and vendor agreements to analyze US indirect tax matters.
- Draft and negotiate contract/legal document terms
- Discuss with internal and external stakeholders recommended approach and risk mitigation/tax planning strategies to maximize Accenture profit/return on investment
- Communicate and present tax findings, potential impact of such findings on structure and other related tax issues with senior leadership and project teams
- Prepare appropriate tax documentation
- Supervise indirect tax compliance and audit team
- Minimum 10 years of US indirect tax technical experience in a professional services firm and/or large multinational corporate environment.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience ideally will include providing tax planning advice on large, complex engagements, acquisitions and other transactions
- CPA or Law Degree preferred
- Indirect tax audit and compliance experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Vertex experience a plus
- Outstanding teaming and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Self-starter with the ability and confidence to work well in an unstructured, dynamic environment and ability to manage multiple ongoing tasks to completion
- Ability to gather, assimilate, analyze and summarize information on Accenture transactions from multiple sources. Specifically, read, analyze, and interpret tax and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Customer focused with ability to quickly respond to inquiries.
- Effectively present/communicate tax technical topics to client engagement and finance teams.
- Keen attention to detail and strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated leadership as well as teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting
LocationsCA - San Francisco,CA - Walnut Creek,IL - Chicago
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Jobs Near You
SAP FI-CA Manager - West Region
Business & Technology Integration
Posted 1 day ago
Supply Chain and Operations – Sourcing & Procurement – Manager
Posted 1 day ago
USA VA - Arlington
Federal - Cyber Threat Detection Engineer
Posted 1 day ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.