Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It’s what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world’s leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast—the first time. So you can deliver what matters most.
- Acquire technical skillset in analysis, design, code and testing within emerging SAP technologies such as Suite on HANA, S/4 HANA, front-end Fiori Design/SAP UI5, SAP NetWeaver Gateway/OData, Personas, and associated technical tooling.
- Understand and deliver within a Waterfall Delivery Methodology and acquire understanding of Agile methodology.
- Maintenance, enhancement and/or development work of SAP components and those that interface with other applications.
- Growing a range of skills and knowledge of the technologies used and applications supported by Client Service Teams.
- Participation in pager/on-call support during off-hours/weekends/holidays.
- Work with Client, Accenture, and Teaming Partners on and across their assigned Sustainment Support Team.
- Plan and execute all required process steps as defined in Accenture Methodologies.
- Providing and owning SAP ECC, SRM, SCM, BW, or SAP front-end application development support in assigned areas.
- Analyzing, designing, coding and testing break/fix requests and enhancements to SAP ECC, SRM, SCM or BW objects.
- Working with Client, Accenture, and Teaming Partner team members to gather and interpret functional user/system requirements into technical design specifications.
- Developing technical system specifications and designing SAP code to technical programming standards for break/fix requests and enhancements to SAP modules.
- Providing secondary support toward installation of application releases into production as directed.
- Coordinate and participate in structured peer reviews / walkthroughs.
- Creating operational documentation for the SAP applications.
- Meeting service commitments for assigned deliverables and proactively providing work status.
- Continuously developing industry knowledge and associated skills.
- Coordinate work across all Sustainment Support Teams.
- Organizing and preparing work effectively to facilitate proactive resolution of problems.
- Providing input to assist in determining level of work effort for assigned activities.
- Assist their Accenture Supervisor and Client Service Team Manager in monitoring budget by providing estimated-time-to-complete (ETC) and actuals for assigned tasks.
- Anticipating, identifying, tracking and resolving issues and risks affecting the applications.
- US Citizenship required (dual citizenship not eligible for consideration)
- Bachelor of Science (BS) OR Bachelor of Arts (BA) Degree OR 4 years of relevant SAP experience in lieu of degree
- Minimum of 1 year of SAP ABAP OR web development OR other software development language/syntax and logic
- Minimum of 1 year experience with MS Office Suite
- Must be local to Mechanicsburg, PA area
- US Federal Government IT experience
- Exposure to Systems Lifecycle Methodology (Waterfall/Agile)
- Prior IT Production Support experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills; Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong facilitation skills
- Prior ABAP development experience in one or more of the following SAP modules:
- Funds Management (FM)
- Financial Accounting (FI)
- Controlling (CO)
- Asset Management (AM)
- Project Management (PS)
- Supply Chain Management (SCM)
- Sales and Distribution (SD)
- Materials Management (MM)
- Production Planning (PP)
- Inventory Management (IM) (highly preferred)
- Warehouse Management (WM) (highly preferred)
- Human Resources (HR)
- Time and Attendance (TA)
- Workflow (WF)
- Business Warehouse (BW)
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require now or in the future sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Accenture is a federal contractor, an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.