Organization: Corporate Functions/Finance
Location: Chicago, IL
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions — underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network — Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 469,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
People in the Corporate Function career track contribute to the running of Accenture as a high- performance business through specialization within a specific functional area, and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area.
Finance professionals prepare and interpret financial plans and reports, ensuring accuracy and compliance with applicable financial rules and regulations, including internal financial controls, to mitigate risk for the company. May also shape and execute client deals to maximize the use of Accenture's capital and resources, manage cash and/or liaise with the investor community.
Accenture is looking for an accountant to join our team in Chicago. Here is a look at the role responsibilities:
- Consolidate and prepare financial statements of Accenture plc (primarily Cash Flow Statement)
- Assist in the review and filing of financial statements for Irish Stand-alone Statutory filing (primarily Cash Flow Statement)
- Identify and record monthly and quarterly global journal entries
- Prepare and lead monthly pre and post close review of financial statements with Accenture Leadership
- Prepare analysis of Cash Flow Statement to communicate and explain key variances as compared to prior month, quarter and prior year.
- Prepare analysis of acquisitions and investments made by Accenture on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Prepare monthly analysis of CTA and FX, including impact of hyperinflationary economies
- Prepare selected quarterly and annual sections of the SEC 10-Q/K Filings, including footnote disclosures & MD&A information
- Assist Regulatory reporting team with preparation and review of filings
- Prepare annual Goodwill Impairment Analysis for Accenture plc
- Provide assistance to external auditors during quarterly review and annual audit processes
- Prepare Earnings release financial statements and review of other earnings release materials (i.e. Press release and CEO/CFO scripts)
- Ensure internal controls compliance and documentation requirements are met
- As appropriate, identify and recommend improvements to financial reporting processes
- Ad hoc research project