Job Location: PA - Philadelphia
Regional Description: Northeast
Job Number: 00669044 00669044_en
Accenture is one of the world’s leading providers of sourcing and procurement services, we help our clients architect, build and operate high performance procurement organizations through our global and flexible solutions. At Accenture we partner with forward-thinking business leaders of the world’s most dynamic companies, to transform procurement and drive sustainable changes to their cost structures.
As one of the leading procurement Business Process Services specialists, Accenture excels at helping companies build the foundation for long-term growth. We are committed to delivering exceptional service through our exceptional people, and as an employee you’d enjoy a fulfilling career in an innovative environment where challenging and interesting work is part of daily life.
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
Accenture people build careers in four different areas of our business: Consulting, Technology, Business Process Services and internal Corporate Functions. Each area offers a unique career experience and a compelling mix of work and training opportunities, work environment and structure for career progression.
Business Process Services professionals work on projects across a range of business processes, business applications and information technology. They may provide technology services, such as application management, infrastructure management and systems integration, or they may deliver business process services, including finance and accounting, procurement and human resources. Depending on the role, Business Process Services professionals may be based at a client’s office or in one of Accenture’s 50 delivery centers around the world.
Accenture is seeking a Procurement Category Advisory (PCA) Group Lead for our Supply Chain Procurement solutions team in North America. This position is specifically focused on sourcing and category knowledge in the following areas of spend and will have accountability and focus on the growth and execution of this specific procurement practice area:
· Domestic / International Transportation
· Supply Chain Services
Results for The Practice’s clients are achieved by advising clients on requirements and best practices, providing strategic sourcing, negotiating agreements via value-based relationships and working to continuously improve the economic performance of their asset base. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Category Leadership
o Define strategy / products / deliverables and value proposition for relevant individual practice areas
o Design and implement cost savings programs across multiple sub-categories and the global Accenture Operations Procurement customer base.
o Build teams with world class category expertise and talent.
o Drive deep market intelligence into all aspects of the value proposition and delivery process that demonstrate innovation and drive efficiency and effectiveness of delivery operations.
o Engage with customers’ senior management team members to drive and communicate progress and to enhance relationships between function and procurement.
· Regional Delivery Leadership
o Manage the execution of all deliverables for all Accenture Operations Procurement customers in relevant practice. Ensure deliverables are met or exceeded and that clients of relevant category practices are retained and grown.
o Lead category advisory delivery team members to achieve target savings results and customer satisfaction
· Business Development
o Engage directly in sales cycles with key prospects/customers and internal sales capture channels. Provide solution subject matter expertise and delivery capability credibility. Drive “share of wallet” towards relevant practices.
o Oversee new opportunity due diligence to ensure appropriate savings targets are set
o Review proposed solutions to ensure staffing and approaches are adequate to meet savings targets. Identify risks and mitigations to pursuit team.
· Capability Growth
o Define the practice / category strategy, products, value proposition and deliverables.
o Drive innovation in both cost to serve and effectiveness through use of technology, analytics, process improvement and organizational structures/delivery model.
o Coach and develop team members in their performance and professional development.
o Further advance program and senior customer relationship management skills
o Grow category knowledge to expert levels, creating growth opportunities for team and company
In this role, you will have the opportunity to become a true value creator by:
· Supporting revenue, sales, and new customer growth through effective sales support
· Minimizing/eliminating headwinds and client turnover/attrition issues
· Supporting/leading efforts to increase category capability
· Bachelor’s degree
o Domestic / International Transportation – (i.e.) truckload, marine cargo, freight forwarding, air freight, parcel
o Supply Chain Services – (i.e.) warehousing, ecommerce fulfillment, 3PL Services, contract manufacturing
· Post Graduate Degree preferred
· Demonstrated expertise on historical and current market trends, view of supplier landscape, effective sourcing strategies, and best practice pricing rate structure/commercial contractual terms for the identified categories listed above.
· Proficiency in spreadsheet software (e.g. Microsoft Excel) and presentation software (i.e. Microsoft PowerPoint
· Strong knowledge of outsourcing processes and methodologies – BPO, ITO, AO expertise highly valued
· SupGrGravitas while working with VP and C-level stakeholders
· Strong leadership skills – proven ability to attract, build, mentor and direct a high-performing cohesive team
· Demonstrated track record growing revenue and building businesses
· Client facing consulting experience with business development accountabilities desired
· Acumen in new product/capability development
· Proven track record of success in identifying and addressing client needs
· Established work experience in client-facing engagement delivery, practice development and thought leadership
· Formal training and/or experience in strategic sourcing, lean supply chain management, and risk reduction methodologies (financial and operational)
· Solid multi-phase project management skills
· Proficiency in the use of spreadsheet software (e.g. Microsoft Excel) and presentation software (i.e. Microsoft PowerPoint)
· Superior written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to interface with customers and suppliers via strong written and verbal communications skills
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Strong strategic influencing skills
· Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a wide range of suppliers
· Ability to drive transformational change
· Excellent organization/time management and problem solving skills
· Strong ability to effectively manage in a matrix organizational structure working with multiple internal clients
· Ability to adapt to the varied corporate cultures and organizational structures of our customers
· Willingness to travel up to 50%
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture. Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration. Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Equal Employment Opportunity All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process. Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.