Accenture Pricing Architects are a highly visible group with a mission to develop and implement strategies and tactics that enable Accenture deal teams to maximize profitability and achieve desired outcomes for our clients through compelling, market-based pricing and commercial propositions. This role drives key strategic and tactical decisions related to pricing and profitability for a given geography, working across industries and services groups with a focus on building relationships, knowledge, and insights about each commercial environment. Market, Services, and Market Unit leads are trusted advisors within their respective Leadership teams.
Primary responsibilities include:
Core Service Execution
- Market Pricing Strategy and Execution: Support senior leadership in defining Accenture’s pricing approach to maximize profitable growth across Client Groups.
- Deal Pricing Strategy and Execution: S& C Pricing Architects design and implement commercial strategies to enhance profitability, overseeing price positioning and client optics, deal shaping, deal qualification activities and financial structuring.
- Competitive Positioning: Competitive Pricing Architects build a point of view about competitor pricing and capabilities, derive deal-specific Accenture price target based on differentiation, and work with stakeholders to achieve target.
- Rate Card Strategy and Development: Rate Card Pricing Architects design and develop client rate cards for account teams.
- Portfolio Ownership: Develop the strategies and tactics to improve the overall pricing within a specific Service and Client Group in partnership with senior leadership. Grow pricing teams’ engagement within the portfolio.
Drive and manage programs that improve sales
- Identify and drive sales performance improvements by developing and implementing best practices, process and reporting
- Support sales professionals/leaders in understanding client requirements, constraints, buyer values and high-level acceptability criteria for any solution
- Work with Solution Delivery and Sales teams in identification, analysis, solution, business case development, proposal preparation and presentation to clients
- Manage sales materials and credentials and coordinate the RFI/RFP/proposal response completion with sales teams, Solution Architects, delivery managers, and Sales Support teams
- Define, monitor and analyze program metrics, targets and strategic imperatives based on fiscal year plans as well as structure and/or review the cost models to achieve the most competitive price
- With CG and Service Leadership, proactively manage the pipeline to ensure accuracy, identify trends (including but not limited to deal sizes, MD time, ADR / CCI, pyramids, commercial constructs etc.), and provide insight on opportunities for optimization both overall and across priority deals.
- Guide Pricing Support team in developing pricing and commercial propositions for bids and proposals, demonstrating the greatest value to clients and driving market-based pricing.
- Build and maintain strong relationships both internally within the practice and externally with clients.
Other Service Offerings
- Education: Support upskilling of client-facing practitioners and internal teams involved in sales & pricing, equipping them with the context and confidence to defend market-based pricing.
- Negotiations: Provide coaching on negotiation tactics and walk-away points and directly participate in client and/or procurement negotiations on a limited basis.
- Deal Profitability Triage: For specific opportunities identified by the Market and/or opportunities below deal level targets, identify avenues to increase price and/or margin on the opportunity across all aspects (e.g., solution, costing, commercials).
- TPA Benchmark Defense: Lead/support client/account teams through a Third Party Advisor (TPA) benchmark of an existing contract or a sole source pursuit on a limited basis.
- Build credible relationships and manage interface with Sales Lead(s), Legal, Finance, Contracting, Human Resources, Recruiting, Marketing, and other internal organizations, as well as clients, as appropriate
- Understand Accenture assets, offerings and methodologies to match to client business needs effectively
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- Competitive Analysis: EXPERT
- Deal Shaping: ADVANCED
- Executive Presence: ADVANCED
- Market Intelligence: EXPERT
- Negotiation: ADVANCED
- Pricing & Commercial Strategy Development: EXPERT
- Pricing & Profitability Optimization: EXPERT
・English language fluency (oral and written)
Good to have:
・Business Management education desirable
Skills & Work Experience
・A minimum of 10 years of experience
Good to have:
・Deep understanding of S&PP processes and tools preferred
・Understanding of Finance processes desirable
・Must support/mirror working hours for the supported Market Unit or other business area
・Must be flexible with work hours according to shifting business needs
・Must have good internet connectivity and distraction-free environment for working at home, in accordance with local guidelines
・May be required to travel on rare occasions
What Makes a Good Pricing Architect?
- Experience working in a senior role with "deal shaping" expertise. Is great at educating and influencing other leaders, to change behaviors in line with desired outcomes. "Grew up" and made Manager on the line.
- Highly knowledgeable about the key components of a deal that can enhance profitability, with proven ability to structure different pricing arrangements
- Enjoys the hunt - thrives on negotiation, but recognizes a good negotiation should be a win/win
- Consummate Learner AND Teacher - we want people who are intellectually curious and quick studies, with a mindset and drive to aggressively change behaviors toward market-relevant pricing
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, with gravitas, confidence and credibility to engage and take on commercial negotiations with senior client decision makers and procurement teams
- Well-connected within their practice and viewed as an equal among the deal team - it is best for the practice lead to identify potential candidates (i.e. hand-select the bottle from the cellar)
Learn more about Accenture
Life at Accenture