Marketing Manager – Communications, Media & Tech (CMT) Industries UKI
Career Level 7 Manager
Salary: Depending on skills and experience + benefits
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
This marketing role will help to sustain our CMT industry differentiation in the UK and Ireland market units, raise the profile of local Accenture leaders in their respective fields, and curate the client experience for our portfolio of clients across the market unit aligned to our growth priorities. We do this by executing and adapting global CMT industry campaigns and activities locally, as well as partnering with our Client Account Leads to tailor programmes to the specific needs CMT client accounts.
The individual will work closely with colleagues in the Local Campaigns, Media, Campaign Management, Data and Analytics, Events, Account-Based Marketing (ABM), Bid Marketing, Creative Services and Research teams among others. In this fast-paced role, they will use their strong project management and stakeholder management skills to juggle competing priorities.
Whilst there is no ‘typical’ day at Accenture, the successful candidate can expect to spend time:
- Adapting and activating central global campaigns to great effect in the UK and Ireland markets, curating compelling client experiences.
- Using all elements of the channel mix to create these experiences – podcasts, events, virtual activities, blogs, media etc.
- Working with Client Account Leads and other Managing Directors (MDs) to assess the needs and appetites of their clients, designing targeted programmes to take advantage of available campaigns and content to good effect.
- Making use of UKI Local Campaigns, notably those aimed at Functional Buyer groups.
- Contact data management and logging campaigns/activity within Salesforce.com
- Collaborating with colleagues in central/global Industry marketing teams to help develop content that is suitable for the UKI market or adapting central content for local use if appropriate.
- Bringing to life available or upcoming content / events for CMT Managing Directors and Leadership through timely and inspiring communications.
- In exceptional cases, developing local campaigns where a pressing need is not met by global/central initiatives.
Preferred skills & experience
Professional services and/or B2B marketing experience required
- Marketing experience within Comms, Media, Tech (CMT) Industry preferred
- Strong organizational / project management skills, with ability to simultaneously manage multiple, complex projects in a deadline-driven environment
- Creativity, flair and innovation in how to achieve cut-through and differentiation for campaigns
- Experience working with CRM and email automation systems such as Salesforce.com and Eloqua.
- Account-Based Marketing / Client-Centric Marketing / Bid Marketing experience
- Sound breadth of experience across the marketing mix
- Determining marketing insights, data management and campaign results
Proven track record in stakeholder management and influencing
Strong written and oral communication skills
Ability to develop and apply creative solutions to complex issues
A team player, able to collaborate and communicate with other marketing professionals in our extended marketing team around the world
- Strong interpersonal skills
Professional attitude and service orientation
Experience working within complex, matrix environments
- Managing agencies and creative resources.
- Experience in marketing, business development and/or marketing communications roles
- Professional Services and industry relevant business-to-business marketing experience is preferable
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in MS PowerPoint, Excel and CRM systems such as Salesforce.com
- Fluent in English both written and spoken.
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidy, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 569,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 1/08/2021
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
USA IL - Chicago
Global Industry Marketing Manager, Consumer Goods & Services
Marketing & Communications
Posted 1 day ago
Transformation Senior Manager – Life Science
Marketing & Communications
Posted 2 days ago
Transformation Manager – Life Science
Marketing & Communications
Posted 2 days ago
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.