Role: Pharma R&D Consulting Manager (Clinical/Regulatory/Safety)
Career Level: Manager
Mobility: Up to 100%
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
As a team:
Our R&D business provides innovative solutions that help pharmaceutical companies focus on the science of getting products to patients faster - across research, clinical, regulatory, pharmacovigilance and medical affairs. We help our clients with their priorities:
- Focusing on patient engagement throughout the pharmaceutical development lifecycle
- Advancing the next generation of R&D operating models resulting in better collaboration
- Driving scientific and operational excellence and enabling efficient information analysis
- Harnessing the digital R&D revolution, using real world data to address customer need.
Our R&D business is a global industry business service and spans all five of Accenture’s businesses (Strategy, Consulting, Technology, Operations, Digital), which allows us to bring integrated end-to-end solutions to our clients.
R&D Consulting professionals work closely with our clients to design and implement strategies, operating model changes, and business transformations that can help enhance their performance. Doing so requires our people to understand how business, technology and operations intersect. Our deep understanding of our clients’ industry and our global perspective on progressive business trends and emerging technologies enable us to drive and deliver transformational change.
The Pharma R&D Consulting Manager will provide consulting services for clinical, safety and/or regulatory organizations within our Life Sciences portfolio of clients, with particular focus on industry best practices, process innovations and/or redesign, and requirements gathering, design and implementation of R&D technologies to enable these processes.
As a Pharma R&D Consulting Manager, you will:
- Design new R&D business processes based on customer requirements and conduct user review sessions and run stakeholder agreement meetings
- Translate the strategic direction and business objectives established by R&D clients into holistic strategies and actions
- Participate in diagnosing problems and planning/leading R&D transformation (within the context of a specific function such as clinical, safety or regulatory – or across functions according to client needs)
- Implement programs/interventions that prepare R&D organizations for implementation of new business processes
- Leverage Accenture’s methods, tools, and assets to design and deliver outcomes
- Decompose key business problems to identify value areas and structure and implement complex solutions for the client (which may involve the implementation of core clinical, regulatory or safety technologies)
- Create innovative and differentiated offerings, staying relevant and in sync with market demand
- Deliver advisory services in support of technology-enabled business change, e.g.: package & third-party integrator selection, vendor selection, application studies, solution architecture studies and/or program diagnostics and recovery.
- Deliver advisory services to the IT function: R&D CIO/CTO/CDO, R&D Digital leadership
- Grow market share by leveraging relationships, winning work, and being integral to delivery of on-shore consulting engagements, and engaging with off-shore specialists to deliver at a cost-effective price point for the client
- Sell on an individual basis or as a part of a team.
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
- Significant R&D consulting experience within one or more of the core development functions of clinical/safety/regulatory and/or with R&D IT
- Significant experience with R&D technologies in a consulting, implementation or support capacity, with exposure to all phases of a R&D system implementation including requirements gathering, development, deployment and support preferred
- Proven experience managing a team of multiple direct reports, clients and vendors
- Bachelor's degree
- Ability to meet travel requirements: depending on your location and specific project responsibilities, this position may require up to 75% travel (Monday – Thursday).
Set yourself apart:
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in an information systems environment
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Understanding of key Pharmaceutical R&D processes and technologies. Familiarity with industry-standards such as ICH, IDMP, XEVMPD, E2B, CDISC.
- Experience with the software development lifecycle, specifically in a validated environment.
- Experience owning a defined portion of a project, and a demonstrated ability to manage issues and risks, with an understanding of appropriate and timely escalation.
- Experience managing client and vendor relationships. The ability to identify and articulate the value of new business opportunities.
- Prior supervisory and people development experience.
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 31/08/2021
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.