Job Title: Product Designer Associate Manager - Fjord
Location: London (flexible), Edinburgh
Career Level: 8- Associate manager
Salary: Competitive salary and package (dependent on experience)
We are a family of Fjordians. Our living culture and borderless playground provide us with space to thrive, following simple core values that inform everything we do. Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do.
Thanks to a unique partnership with Accenture, we’re able to do work that changes the world, and we’re always looking for kindred spirits.
We believe there is nothing more important than creating products and services that will positively impact the world we live. Keeping the human at the centre of our design ensures that impact. Be part of a team that is curious, driven by empathy, and relentless in our pursuit of meaningful and impactful design.
This is your opportunity to be part of a team that is creating positive impact for our clients and the world through a powerful empathetic lens of the people we serve.
As a Product Designer in London, you will define concepts, strategies, and digital interface design artifacts at a project level. You have a strong appreciation for service and interaction design, technology and have the ability to elegantly adapt designs across devices, and work across the entire end-to-end experience.
As a team, we:
- Create products that provide real value for our clients and their customers.
- Nurture a new generation of talented design practitioners
- Lead, lean in, be creative, and have fun.
- Believe strategic thinking should be supported by tangible solutions that help clients to connect to their users through memorable experiences
Working together, we will:
- Have specific opportunities to use design theory and practice to make a difference in people’s lives.
- Engage in ongoing activities that enable us to learn, practice, and evolve our discipline.
- Collaborate on products and services that change the way our clients do business.
As a Product Designer, you will:
- Drive solving design problems end-to-end, from identifying user needs, generating concepts to defining and creating a product and crafting how people will interact with it.
- Communicate design concept for digital products through various artefacts such sketches, wireframes, user flows, screen designs and interactive prototypes.
- Lead the detailed definition of visual, interaction and motion design based on relevant business, technical and design considerations.
- Support in design research activities
- Explain, discuss and justify design decisions effectively; give design feedback.
- Own all of the product design deliverables on a project, with oversight.
- Contributes to new business development efforts by providing expert information in pitch efforts and client meetings.
- Attend and help plan studio and community events, workshops, and conferences as a Fjord ambassador.
- Collaborate with other designers, developers and researchers on mixed methods work to bring integrated value to our clients.
- Relevant in-depth experience in Product Design and Product Creation.
- Any form of experience in one or more of the following: higher education in a design related degree, a course or similar experience in a product design role.
- You’re an excellent hybrid designer that can merge visual and interaction design skills to create unique and high-quality design solutions.
- Proven experience in defining, creating and managing a Design System alongside supporting its implementation with clients.
- Experience in translating business and customer requirements into a compelling holistic experience across different touchpoints.
- High dexterity in speed and quality with the tools of your trade such as Sketch, Figma, Invision, Adobe CS, Miro or Mural
- Extensive experience in running online and offline workshops and interviews with clients and partners to validate design decisions.
- Master in creating prototypes, from lower fidelity to fully interactive.
- Knowledge of and curiosity about technology, translating its impact on design solutions.
- Master at driving and applying user-centered design processes. Accustomed to working collaboratively with customers and cross-functional team members.
- Proven history of delivering projects on time.
- Working knowledge of delivery management tools such as Trello, JIRA or Asana and delivery methodologies such as Agile, DevOPs etc.
- Proven strong collaborative and teamwork skills
- Understanding of areas of specialisation within the greater design landscape, including but not limited to research, visual design, and development.
Set yourself apart:
- Experience in coding and in creating coded prototypes.
- Ability to communicate with clients and partners about design methodologies and artefacts
- Data visualisation skills
- Illustration skills
- Motion design and animation skills
Applications without an exceptional design portfolio which demonstrates experience in Digital Product Design or similar role will not be considered.
What’s in it for you
In addition to a competitive basic salary, you will have an extensive benefits package which includes 25 days’ vacation per year, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.