Role: Solution Designer / Architect
Location: Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh
Travel: Up to 100% flexibility to travel
Salary: We have roles available across a range of Accenture career levels from Analyst to Manager Levels.
Please Note: Any offer of employment is subject to satisfactory BPSS and SC security clearance which requires 5 years continuous UK address history at the point of application.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
As a team:
Our Advanced Technology Centre is a thriving technology and innovation hub from where we deliver high quality services to a number of private and public sector clients.
You'll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways
If you’re looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you. As part of our global team, you'll be working with cutting-edge technologies and will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of new skills on the job.
As a Solution Architect you will:
- Work within the Sales (as pre-sales Solution Architect) and Delivery (as project focused Solution Architect) and must be flexible enough to undertake both aspects.
- Work closely with Sales, Business and Technology colleagues to ensure that Solution Plans and Architecture Blueprints are effectively produced and evaluated and that robust recommendations are made.
- Provide ongoing governance of project delivery against agreed designs and assessment of the impact of change requests on the high-level design
- Lead solutioning forums and workshops with delivery, operational, security and third-party vendors.
- Co-ordinate approval and presentation of solution plans and designs at formal clinics and approval boards
- Provision of Solution Design estimates for input to Business Cases or Commercial proposals
- Present solution plans and associated commercial summaries to Accenture UK and Europe Leadership as part of commercial response approvals
- Help drive technical communities of interest to support and enhance Accenture software development policies and standards.
- Initiate internal improvement initiatives to develop the overall capability of the Solutions Design competency.
- Be a great communicator able to make complex procedures easy to understand for technical and non-technical audiences
The following skills and experience are essential for this role:
- Experience and expertise as a Solution Architect ideally within a senior level role
- Experience of working as part of a team to deliver to very short deadlines
- Familiar with a wide range of Architecture techniques, methodologies and frameworks e.g. TOGAF, BIAN, eTOM and estimating and pricing
- Have experience of working in an agile environment at scale and are familiar with scaled agile methodologies e.g SAFe
- Experience of working in delivery ideally across the full breadth of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Ability to work with Commercial, Business and Technology stakeholders in shaping of solutions
- Drive solution plans including scope, solution blueprint, delivery shape and schedule
- Have experience in estimating enterprise solutions – covering full lifecycle and ongoing operational activity - and identify associated risks and mitigation.
- Broad experience of a range of technologies including, for example, Digital services, Integration services, Microservices, Cloud and Data Streaming
- Good influencing and interpersonal skills and have the ability to work autonomously to manage and resolve design risks and issues
- To ensure that designs adhere to agreed principles, policies and roadmaps, whilst meeting business requirements you will collaborate and work effectively with other professionals:
- Commercial Pricing and Sales teams
- Enterprise & Technology Architects
- IT Security consultants
- Operational Specialists
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 25 days’ vacation per year, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there may be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
- Experienced within a Technical Architecture or a Lead Developer role.
- Experienced understanding the business needs, user needs and good software architecture principles. Experienced working with business analysts, SMEs and developers to collaboratively design solutions. Able to discuss the solution blueprint with stakeholders with different degrees of technical knowledge and different interests in the solution.
- Experienced in the design and delivery of complex solutions across a range of problem spaces and can demonstrate this.
- Continually identifying new technologies and approaches and forming opinions on where and when they could be applied.
- Experienced as a subject matter expert in one or more tools, technologies or industries. Able to identify requirements and translate into actionable design documentation.
- Understand key software and integration design patterns.
Set yourself apart:
- Have experience of at least one large-scale Cloud provider and can clearly articulate the use cases for the Cloud.
- Great at documenting your solutions in a way that the varied audience can understand (e.g. smart diagramming).
- Have worked in an agile environment.
- Have a good understanding of designing and implementing secure systems.
- Experienced with one or more of the following;
- Infrastructure as Code, API implementations, Containerisation, C++, Java, Spring Framework (including Spring Boot), Microservices, Oracle, Oracle Golden Gate, Kafka, Security Architecture Principles.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
USA NJ - Florham Park
Salesforce Technical Lead - 3879277
Posted 1 day ago
USA GA - Atlanta
Testing Automation Consultant South
Posted 1 day ago
USA OH - Cincinnati
Contract Svcs Delivery Manager
Posted 1 day ago
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.