Job Role: Strategy & Consulting – Supply Chain & Operations Consultant (Sourcing & Procurement)
Salary: circa £50,000
Career Level: Consultant
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
As a team:
Supply Chain & Operations is a major functionally-oriented strategy & consulting practice: we help our clients reimagine and transform tomorrow’s supply chains and operations to positively impact business, society, and the planet. We do this through a human centered and data driven approach that encourages our people and clients to continuously innovate and generate significant, sustainable global impact. Built on the three pillars of customer centricity, zero based mindset, and responsible operations & organizations, this is what we call the Intelligent Supply Chain.
You'll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways
If you’re looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you. As part of our global team, you'll be working with cutting-edge technologies and will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of new skills on the job.
Supply Chain & Operations is seeking to recruit a Consultant with strong advisory consulting experience and a history of strategic cost reduction and/or sourcing & procurement projects. The Sourcing & Procurement community is one of the key components of Accenture’s Supply Chain & Operations service line within Strategy & Consulting that operates across industry groups alongside Supply Chain & Fulfillment, Operations & Process Transformation, and Responsible Value Chain.
In our team you will:
- Play a leading role in shaping and delivering innovative Sustainable Value Chain engagements for our clients, either as part of broader Supply Chain and Procurement projects or standalone Sustainable Value Chain engagements
- Learn at the forefront of the industry, provide actionable insights to the world's top organisations, helping them address priority C-suite issues with strategies and improvements they can execute with speed and at scale
- Play a central role enabling our Sourcing & Procurement capabilities in working with some of the best global companies in the world, responsible for helping the CPO, and her or his business partners, address some of the critical business issues faced today, including:
- Procurement Transformation (Operating Model, Process Design, etc.)
- Strategic Cost Reduction (Closed Loop Spend Management)
- Direct & Indirect Sourcing Optimisation
- Intelligent Procurement (Technology Strategy, Systems Implementation, etc.)
- Responsible and Resilient Procurement (Risk, Performance, Innovation, Diversity, Sustainability)
- Mergers and Acquisitions (Pre and Post Merger Integration)
In this role you will:
- Be responsible for supporting delivery teams in our Sourcing & Procurement group to formulate and execute procurement transformations and closed loop spend management
- Support end-to-end strategy to implementation of procurement’s digital and analytics capabilities, including but not limited to SAP Ariba, Oracle, Coupa, Jaggaer, iValua, etc.
- Deliver sourcing & procurement transformations in line with client’s business challenges:
- Create capabilities (process/tools/people) in line with the future operating model
- Analyse and model financial data to support large scale cost reduction programmes, utilising functional and cost category benchmarks, process definitions and enterprise value targeting tools
- Help clients improve their ability to drive business outcomes through digital planning, reporting, and analytics
- Help clients harness digital and emerging technology solutions to power their operational strategies (including via RPA, IoT, Blockchain, Analytics, AI)
- Refine and optimise the client's ability to organise and analyse financial, operational and external information to create substantial shareholder value
- Maintain an understanding of advancements in technology and innovations which are happening across digital, analytics, the Procurement ecosystem and broader marketplace
- Make, build and sustain trusted client relationships by remaining highly attuned to client needs and styles. Present key findings to clients
- Support business development opportunities and prepare sales proposals
- Execute client engagements, with a strong capability to develop the skills and capabilities of junior colleagues
- Contribute to global thought-leadership and leverage the skills of others throughout the practice to enable cohesive delivery of strategic and transformative solutions
- Develop Accenture’s Sustainable Value Chain assets, tools and PoV to support both sales opportunities and the education of the broader Supply Chain and Operation community
- Build and establish relationships with key third parties (e.g. technology providers, NGOs, governmental bodies) that help to complement and expand Accenture’s Sustainable Value Chain capabilities and PoV
- Collaborate with the broader Accenture network including Sustainability, Industry X, Technology and Operations to jointly shape and advance Accenture’s Sustainable Value Chain agenda
- Play a leading role in the development and education of our UKI Sustainable Value Chain practice and broader community
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
- Ability to analyse complex client problems, understand financial performance links between operations, supply chain and corporate results and think strategically to create a benefit/business case
- Ability to support the origination of new work, and drive the sales process
- Ability to execute programme management and large scale delivery of projects
- Support commercial management of consulting engagements
- Ability to form strong client relationships
- Ability to structure ideas and solutions, to communicate clearly and concisely
- Ability to develop new concepts and break-through thinking
- Excellent written, oral and presentation communication skills
- Working in high-performing teams
Set yourself apart:
- Consulting and/or project delivery experience including: delivery to agreed scope, time scales and budgets from a top tier consulting company or blue-chip organisation
- Functional experience should include some of the following: direct or indirect materials/SG&A (Technology, Marketing, Travel, Facilities, Professional Services, etc.) cost takeout, sourcing, procure-to-pay, contract & supplier management, third party risk management, sustainable procurement
- Procurement technology and digital disruptor awareness, including but not limited to SAP Ariba, Coupa, Jaggaer, iValua, intelligent automation, Internet of Things (IoT), blockchain and analytics; other specific systems / applications relevant from previous experience
- Experience working in one or more of Financial Services, Energy, Utilities, High-Tech (including Aerospace & Defence), Communications, Media & Entertainment, Chemical & Natural Resources, Consumer Goods, Life Sciences and Logistics
- Knowledge of core Procurement & Supply Chain business capabilities
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 31/12/2022
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Industry X – Digital Manufacturing & Operations: Application Consultants / Solution Architects
Posted 1 day ago
United Kingdom London
Consultant - BCS Consulting
Posted 2 days ago
United Kingdom London
Management Consultant (Sales)
Posted 5 days ago
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.