Role: Corporate & Professional Services Practice – Banking Operations SMA
Career level: Manager- Level 7
Salary: Excellent salary and benefits package dependent on experience
Accenture is one of the world’s leading providers of sourcing and procurement services, we help our clients’ architect, build and operate high performance procurement organizations through our global and flexible solutions. At Accenture we partner with forward-thinking business leaders of the world’s most dynamic companies, to transform procurement and drive sustainable changes to their cost structures.
As one of the leading procurement Business Process Services specialists, Accenture excels at helping companies build the foundation for long-term growth. We are committed to delivering exceptional service through our exceptional people, and as an employee you’d enjoy a fulfilling career in an innovative environment where challenging and interesting work is part of daily life.
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
Accenture people build careers in four different areas of our business: Consulting, Technology, Business Process Services and internal Corporate Functions. Each area offers a unique career experience and a compelling mix of work and training opportunities, work environment and structure for career progression.
Business Process Services professionals work on projects across a range of business processes, business applications and information technology. They may provide technology services, such as application management, infrastructure management and systems integration, or they may deliver business process services, including finance and accounting, procurement and human resources. Depending on the role, Business Process Services professionals may be based at a client’s office or in one of Accenture’s 50 delivery centers around the world.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
Accenture is seeking a strong thought leader with deep category expertise for the role of Banking Operations SMA - Corporate & Professional Services Practice –within the Corporate & Professional Services Procurement Category Advisory practice. This role potentially work across clients and will focus on sourcing and category management across the Banking Operations categories including but not limited to:
- Credit & debit cards, transaction platforms & processing, cash handling, ATMs, cheque printing and risk / compliance services.
- Key Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement client specific category planning and management for the Banking Operations categories.
- Develop and maintain category-specific knowledge assets and market intelligence that capture expertise / best practices
- Provide strategic sourcing oversight and category knowledge in support of the Sourcing Project Management function on projects within categories of expertise
- Infuse market insights into the sourcing process on projects within categories of expertise
- In collaboration with Sourcing Project Management and/or Procurement Practice Advisory, engage with customers’ senior management team members to provide perspective on current market trends to inform client strategic decisions/sourcing initiatives in line with business goals and objectives
- Leverage category expertise to support new sales and drive significant client business value
- Establish, grow, and leverage network of suppliers, industry practitioners, and procurement professionals within categories of expertise
- Work collaboratively with suppliers and customer stakeholders to identify continuous cost and performance improvement strategies
- Provide educational and learning opportunities to internal colleagues and external clients (ex. Webinar, Spend Trends publications) on industry trends, supplier landscape changes, and market intel within categories of expertise
- Coach and develop sourcing project managers in their professional development and pursuit of building category knowledge within area of expertise
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Procurement/consulting or category-related industry or supplier experience
- Strategic sourcing, category management, and/or professional industry experience related to a range of the following sub-categories: Credit & debit cards, platforms & transaction processing, cheque services, cash handling, risk & compliance services, ATM infrastructure
- Knowledge of Banking Operations or working in a Financial Services organisation
- Thorough understanding of the supplier landscape and interpretation of market trends within the identified categories listed above
- Demonstrated success with key clients/ stakeholders
- Ability to develop and frequently refresh category market intelligence and insight tools to support internal sourcing teams and educate external client stakeholders
- Ability to apply insights to customer’s situation for meaningful impact
- Ability to influence and persuade senior level client stakeholders
- Effective coaching skills and ability to develop others
- Ability to adapt to the varied corporate cultures and organizational structures of our customers
- Ability to interface with customers and suppliers via strong written and verbal communications skills
- Existing positive relationships within industries related to the identified categories listed above.
- Strong sourcing knowledge to be able to translate category to sourcing strategy
- Well-developed, solution-oriented selling skills
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Ability to drive transformational change
- Solid multi-phase project management skills
- Strong ability to effectively manage in a matrix organizational structure working with multiple internal stakeholders
- Ambition to drive the category forwards, innovating internally and with ecosystem partners to drive incremental value for client
- Ability to effectively lead strategic sourcing efforts related to HR / CPS categories within the context of integrated Plan, Source, Make and Deliver supply chain processes.
- This position may require travel of up to 50% to client location
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
United Kingdom London
External Talent - Procurement Category Manager
Posted more than 1 month ago
United Kingdom London
Procurement Contract Manager
Posted more than 1 month ago
United Kingdom London
Digital Commerce & Merchandising Manager
Posted more than 1 month ago
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.