Job Role: Industry X - Capital Projects Consulting - Senior Manager
Location: London (with expected travel)
Career Level: Level 6 (Senior Manager)
Accenture as a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries – powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centres. With 513,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
Management Consulting professionals design and implement process and change interventions that integrate strategy, technology, data and people to enable process improvements that create value for clients.
In Industry X we shape the future of making things, and the things we make. Our Industry X Team drives innovation by delivering the best-in-class management consultancy based on industrial experience demonstrated by the latest technologies. Evolution of industry practices have been witnessed with evolution of technology. We've been helping businesses adopt and implement the new for years; it is critical we apply this to manufacturers and products companies, service organizations and software companies, to fuel their next level of growth.
Accenture is a company that will allow you to learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that flourishes with shared success, innovative ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways.
Accenture is looking to recruit an expert Infrastructure and Capital Projects practitioner within our Industry X consulting practice in the UK or Ireland. This is a leadership role focused on helping our clients achieve their ambitions for digital transformation whilst delivering greenfield and brownfield construction and engineering programmes. This role requires experience across controls, planning & estimating, engineering change, risk management and optimisation. This includes working with colleagues across the Industry X practice to consider the full lifecycle of their assets from capital projects through operations, intelligent asset management and ongoing support. We digitize, optimize and transform our clients’ traditional ways of planning, producing and shipping to be more agile and dynamic.
In this role you will:
- Advise and support clients to target and deliver value through the digital transformation of their Capital Projects activities in context of their wider Infrastructure, Manufacturing and Operations objectives.
- Shape, sell and lead opportunities that create tangible value – including leading current state assessments, seeing opportunities to increase efficiency, and developing solutions, business case and journey plans to achieve the right value led outcomes for the client.
- Craft future ways of working – operating models, business functions and processes, and technology, whilst working closely with business and technology strategists, process owners and subject matter experts.
- Use digital technologies to enable clients’ future-state business capabilities and drive targeted business outcomes.
- Develop enduring, trust-based relationships with people at all career levels, both professionally and personally, internally, and externally. This includes providing coaching and career development across the IX practice.
- Use data and analytics to drive decision making, implement new ways of working and change operational behaviours.
- Provide points of view on key industry challenges and trends and present an impetus for change in industry context.
- Create thought leadership, points of view and white papers on Optimizing and Digitizing the lifecycle of infrastructure, Capital Projects, and and workforce.
- Support and lead the development and refinement of offerings and collateral to support/promote sales and origination (overviews, case studies, account planning, marketing information).
- Support and lead (depending on scale of opportunity) the sales process from origination to successful closing (including offering fine tuning, solution shaping, proposal preparation, client presentations).
- Lead client innovation workshops and use a human-centered approach to solve problems, frame opportunities and achieve innovation through collaboration and co-creation.
The successful candidate will be a hands-on consulting practitioner with good knowledge in a broad range of Infrastructure and Capital Projects, and applying digital technologies combined with people, process and data to implement improvement programmes / projects within our target industries.
Accenture seeks motivated professionals that are driven by the ability to solve client problems with insights and innovation and thrive in a highly collaborative environment where team success takes priority over individual metrics.
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
- Experience of successful delivery of complex and ambitious projects from a professional programme & project management (client facing) perspective to time, cost and quality objectives.
- Proven track record in winning work for themselves and their team and delivering a high value programme or portfolio management service to the client.
- In-depth experience with Capital Projects transformation and process redesign methods, including defining and delivering broad technical solutions across all PMO components
- An expertise of PMO systems and tools (e.g. integrated EPPM solutions such as the Oracle Primavera suite (P6, OPPM, Unifier & Oracle Aconex), Hexagon PPM Ecosys, Ares PRISM, reporting tools such as PowerBI), CDE solutions such as Business Collaborator/ SharePoint/ ProjectWise) with high levels of market and product knowledge.
- Working directly with EPCM firms (either in collaboration, partnership, or as a engineer/manager)
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Collaborating with client stakeholders to identify and prioritizing value opportunities and develop digital Capital Projects transformation roadmaps.
- Providing strategic consultation to clients in defining or designing business capabilities, processes, functions and organizational structures, as well as in researching, identifying and internally marketing, selling and enabling technologies based on business and end-user requirements
- Working effectively as a supportive team member or a subject matter expert and have the ability to lead delivery teams to improve contribution through different stages of a project lifecycle from initial assessments to solution launch to achieve project commercial objectives and client outcomes.
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.
- Capital Project Consulting experience in one or more of the following industries:
- Infrastructure and Networks
- Aerospace & Defence
- Consumer Goods & Services
- Specialised experience: for example in delivering Lean / Lean Six Sigma projects or complex Capital Project delivery
- Professional experience in business development support, RFP response and consulting services sales.
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of different types of business and operating models (existing, new, emerging and hybrid).
- Exhibited skills in leading program management efforts involving the coordination of resources and goals across multiple related projects.
- Experience developing and monitoring delivery of efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems.
- Good client contacts and industry network is highly desirable
What’s in it for you:
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary and car allowance, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice! For senior roles additional bonus and equity awards are available.
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
United Kingdom London
EU Sustainability - Design Project Manager
United Kingdom London
EU Sustainability - Learning and Community Manager
United Kingdom London
EU Sustainability - Go to Market Manager
Posted 1 day ago
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.