Cloud and PaaS Technical Architect
Location: Manchester, Birmingham, Bristol
Salary: depending on experience
Career Level: (Accenture will be recruiting at the following levels: Analyst, Senior Analyst, Consultant, Assistant Manager, Manager, Senior Manager)
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skills and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
As a team:
We are one of the world's leading providers of Cloud & PaaS Architecture. You'll work on innovative projects with colleagues to drive collaboration from strategy through to implementation. You will be using the newest technologies with clients to help them get to the next level.
You'll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways
If you’re looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you. As part of our distributed team, you'll be working with ground breaking technologies and will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of new skills on the job.
In our team you will learn:
- Learn how to provide solutions to real world problems encompassing a mixture of custom and packaged architectures, on public, private and hybrid cloud infrastructure.
- Be supported through a wide range of training and certifications and supported by our coaching and mentoring programmes
- Be part of an extensive global Accenture network and join the Master Technology Architecture programme to support you in your “day-to-day” role and with your future career growth
As a Cloud and PaaS Technical Architect you will:
- Develop solution architecture, assess and recommend the best of breed technology solutions to address client needs;
- Design and deploy enterprise-wide scalable, highly available, fault tolerant, secure and reliable applications on cloud and PaaS technologies;
- Creating business cases for technology and organisational transformation to enable migration to or utilisation of cloud and/or PaaS technologies;
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
- Understanding of End-to-End architecture and its different perspectives (execution, development and operations architecture);
- Hands on developing applications or operating virtual infrastructure in cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP, IBM Bluemix or equivalent);
- Exposure to Compute, Storage, Databases and Messaging services native to cloud platforms;
- Delivery experience on Docker Swarm, Redhat OpenShift, native or managed Kubernetes;
Set yourself apart:
- Minimum 2 years hands-on experience in architecting, designing or implementing solutions on AWS;
- AWS certified professional (preferred);
- Familiarity with Agile and DevOps.
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidy, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services, we are known for.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Closing date for applications - 31/08/2022
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
United Kingdom London
Cloud Data Engineer
United Kingdom Manchester
Technical Architect - Manchester
Posted 18 days ago
United Kingdom Edinburgh
Technical Architect - Edinburgh
Posted 18 days ago
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.