Cyber Intelligence Operations Analyst
Salary: Competitive Salary and Benefits
Career Level: Associate Manager
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
As a Cyber Intelligence Operations Analyst, you will:
The responsibilities of this role include researching and reporting on developments in the threat landscape, building network and endpoint detections, and coordinating internal teams to best defend our customers. This includes but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Researching, understanding, and developing responses to cyber threats
- Writing, editing, and publishing technical reports
- Developing and deploying network and endpoint detections to support a Security Operations Center analysis team
- Performing data analysis to optimize SOC procedures
- Prioritize and remediate internal maintenance requests to ensure a well-run global analytics platform
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of major detection enhancements to SOC analytics
- Coordinating analysis teams to best educate on and respond to developments in the Threat Landscape
- Developing policies and procedures for handling security incidents
- Candidate required to support core working hours from 09:00 to 18:00
- Occasional weekend on-call support required
- Occasional remote work permitted
- 2+ years of IT security experience – ideally focused on intrusion detection/network security monitoring and/or working with cyber threat intelligence
- A strong understanding of the information security threat landscape, including detailed technical knowledge about the most prevalent threat groups, malware, attack methods, and vulnerabilities
- Experience researching security threats and developing detection mechanisms to defend against them
- Hands-on experience with market-leading security products, including intrusion detection systems (Snort/SourceFire, IBM Proventia/ISS, McAfee IntruShield) and firewalls (CheckPoint, Cisco PIX)
- A solid foundation in computer networking fundamentals, including a detailed understanding of TCP/IP and other core Internet protocols.
- Experience working with clients, preferably in an operational environment.
- One or more of the following certifications is desired: CISSP, GCIA, GCIH, GCFA.
- The ability to express themselves clearly and demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience researching complex technical subject matter, and clearly documenting the results/key findings for others to review.
- Technically inquisitive nature with a fearless approach to defending against the latest and greatest cyber threats
- Superior technical writing ability
- Proficient in English language reading, writing, and speaking
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 25 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidy, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications: 30/12/2021
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.