Job Role: Energy Strategy Manager
Career Level: 7
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
As a team:
Accenture Strategy shapes our clients’ future, combining deep business insight with the understanding of how technology will impact industry and business models. In joining Accenture Strategy you will drive the CEO agenda on issues related to digital disruption, competitive agility, global operating models, and workforce of the future to identify new sources of value.
In joining the Energy team, you will be at the forefront of leading both the thinking and the action on the world’s single largest challenge, the energy transition. In a world of accelerating change and disruption, you will help global leaders and enterprises challenge the status quo, navigate to ambitious net zero targets and reinvent themselves by pivoting to new businesses with transformative strategies, disruptive technology and innovative business models that win competitive advantage, unlock value and drive profitable growth for clients.
No-one brings all of that together at the scale and with the degree of integration as we can. Serving 95 of the Fortune Global 100 and more than three-quarters of the Fortune Global 500, we’re different to every other strategy firm on the market – which makes us an undeniably exciting place in which to forge a career. Technology will continue to be the disruptor in the strategy arena. Which makes Accenture the strategy firm of tomorrow.
You'll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways.
If you’re looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you!
In our team you will learn to:
Use your judgment to solve complex, client business problems, bringing structure and quantitative and qualitative analysis techniques; acting and taking decisions with little management oversight
Understand the strategic direction set by senior management, and use analysis to address our clients’ business challenges and deliver lasting and distinctive outcomes and value
Develop knowledge of prevailing trends, financials and operating drivers, identifying industry-specific operating metrics and linking them to relevant financial metrics to identify the key value drivers for a client
Build and sustain trusted senior client relationships in the C-suite by remaining highly attuned to client needs and styles
Be part of high performing multidisciplinary Strategy teams, leading by example, actively mentoring others and contributing to performance management and recruitment activities
Contribute to business development activities including opportunity identification/qualification and proposal development/presentation
In this role you will:
Lead successful strategy engagements addressing our clients’ business challenges, providing lasting and distinctive outcomes and value in disciplines such as:
Corporate and Business Strategy
Digital and Innovation strategy
Operating Model Strategy and Transformation
Pricing & Profit Optimization
Consumer-centric new Business Model development
Understand key strategic/operational issues and structure the problem to develop hypotheses around possible solutions
Structure and create business/market assessments
Develop and utilize industry knowledge to be able to make implementation-oriented recommendations
Develop business cases to identify, measure and realise enterprise value
Contribute to business development and building Accenture’s Energy offerings
We are looking for experience in the following:
- Deep understanding of the Energy industry (Upstream / Midstream / Downstream / Power) with direct experience in at least one of its segments
- Experience at a top tier or boutique consulting firm or at a leading energy company with a combination of technical / operational and management / business development / strategy roles
- Familiarity with recognized Strategy frameworks and techniques
- Experience of research, quantitative analysis, structured problem solving and executive communication techniques
- Experience of building relationships at all levels in an organization
- A good understanding of value chain business models, operating models, industry trends and challenges and regulatory frameworks
- Experience working in diverse teams in complex strategy/consulting engagements, delivering high-quality output in short timeframes
- Demonstrated experience of leading teams on complex projects/programmes and developing team members
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
Set yourself apart:
- A drive for personal development and curiosity to learn new concepts and skills
- Ability to understand complex issues, quickly absorb information, and work creatively
- Comfort with the quantitative skills required to develop financial/operational models and perform data analysis
- An appreciation of how technology and digital can contribute to solving clients’ complex business problems
- Leadership ability in a team environment, with an eagerness to drive progress with a results-driven attitude
- Natural leadership and the ability to quickly build effective teams, establish trust-based relationships and gain valuable insights through collaboration and communication
- Experience with staff development and mentoring junior-mid-level practitioners
- Proven presentation skills, personal impact and charisma to lead meetings and presentations and to constructively challenge team members to ensure the right client outcomes
- Some exposure and/or involvement in sales origination
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days of vacation per year, access to app based fitness classes and discounts on range of gyms, private medical insurance and three days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role to deliver the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services—all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 537,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 30/11/202
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.