Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne, Manchester, Edinburgh
Salary: Competitive salary and package dependent on experience
Accenture will be recruiting at the following levels: Senior Analyst, Specialist
Please Note: Due to the nature of client work you will be undertaking, you will need to be willing to go through a Security Clearance process as part of this role
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
As a team:
Our Advanced Technology Centre is a thriving technology and innovation hub from where we deliver high quality services to a number of private and public sector clients.
You'll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways
If you’re looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you. As part of our global team, you'll be working with cutting-edge technologies and will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of new skills on the job.
In our team you will learn:
- How to provide solutions to real world problems across a variety of industries.
- How to help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
- How best to develop your skills and hone your talents within an innovative technology environment.
As a Java Developer, you will:
- Work as part of a team to deliver features across the technical solution with your focus being on developing Java Spring Boot based microservices
- Advocate for and employ good development practices on the team such as consistent branching strategy, coding standards, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Testing
- Support the technical leads in designing the separation of functional into microservices and the end to end integration and flow between technical components. Support the test automation engineers in testing the stories and features delivered both from a functional and non-functional perspective
- Follow the Scrum Methodology participating actively in sprint backlog refinement, sprint planning, stand-ups, sprint review and sprint retrospective
The following skills and experience are essential for this role:
- Have significant Java programming experience, ideally utilising Spring Boot to develop microservices
- Comfortable using Linux or Unix, Configuration Management tools such as Git, Mercurial or SVN, and a modern IDE
- Capable of working in an agile development environment, both as part of a team and individually
- Have experience applying TDD/BDD approaches
- Enjoy working in a dynamic, fast paced environment, collaborating with others, contributing to design and estimating discussions and utilising strong stakeholder management skills.
Set yourself apart:
- Have worked in a client facing environment
- Hold industry relevant certifications
- Have managed teams and/or worked across multiple projects
- Have experience parsing complex XML files (ideally SWIFT files)
- Have experience in any of the following; Apigee, API (Creation and Control / Gateway), React Framework, Nodejs, Redux, Emotion, Storybook, JBoss, GIT, Docker, NGINX, OAuth2, JWT, Spring Framework, Kafka, Oracle/Golden Gate, OpenShift, Swift Messaging Hub.
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
United Kingdom Manchester
Manchester Software Engineering Graduate Programme 2021-2022
United Kingdom Edinburgh
Edinburgh Software Engineering Graduate Programme 2021-2022
United Kingdom Birmingham
Configurator Team Lead
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.