Procurement Category Advisory Associate Manager - Professional Services (Consulting, legal and HR)
Salary: £55,000 to £62,000 depending on experience plus exceptional benefits
Career Level: Associate Manager
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
As a team:
We are the world's leading Procurement BPS provider. You'll work on innovative procurement programmes with clients locally and globally. You will be using the latest technologies with global teams to accelerate client’s journeys to intelligent operations.
You'll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways
If you’re looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you. As part of our global team, you'll be working with cutting-edge technologies and will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of new skills on the job.
In our team you will learn:
· How to provide solutions to real world procurement problems using insights and advanced analytics, powered by Accenture’s Syn Ops platform;
· To focus on growing the Professional Services practice in a fast paced and constantly evolving marketplace;
· How to work with our global teams to deliver deep category expertise while transforming the sourcing & category management value chain with the application of digital, AI & Machine Learning
As a Procurement Category Associate Manager, you will:
Have commercial acumen and a drive to bring synergies, efficiency and effectiveness to our customers Professional Services spend. You will be comfortable leading conversations with C-suite e.g. CFO and CPO. This role is based in Europe but will also be engaged on global projects.
Develop global product strategy and value proposition for your relevant Professional Services category area within the Professional Services Procurement framework with data at the heart of everything you do
Design and implement value led initiatives across multiple sub-categories and the global Accenture Operations Procurement customer base with an outcome led approach
Drive and develop Professional Services category insights and analytic products
Become a thought leader in Professional Services subcategories by proactive engagement in the market
Identify value/productivity improvement opportunities in Professional Services subcategories across multiple clients
Lead strategic sourcing projects, including all key steps such as strategy development, supplier negotiation, award recommendations, business case presentations and supplier contract execution
Drive and support deep market intelligence into the initiatives that you lead driving both efficiency and effectiveness.
Work with global teams to execute the projects in the most efficient manner
Develop senior level stakeholder relationships on key client accounts and build and develop key client stakeholder relationships
Negotiate commercials with supplier and incorporate best practice metrics (May be responsible for contracting negotiated agreements
Engage with customers’ senior management team members to drive and communicate progress on your initiatives.
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
- Experience in a Professional Services corporate function
- Experience working across multi-disciplinary, global/regional teams
- Project Management
- Commercial Acumen/ critical thinking
- Strategic drive
- Deep knowledge of some of all or the following categories; Professional Services / Consulting / Legal / Audit / Fleet / Business Intelligence / Financial & Insurance Services
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Gravitas while working with VP and C-level stakeholders
- Ambition to drive the category forwards, innovating internally and with ecosystem partners to drive incremental value for clients
- Experience in consulting, sourcing/procurement/supply chain management function
- Experience in managing complex Professional Services Procurement Services
- Demonstrated ability to manage the successful creation and execution of a strategy
- Ability to adapt to the varied corporate cultures and organizational structures of our customers
- Exceptional track record of building relationships with stakeholders or customers that have resulted in high customer satisfaction
- Proven ability to drive transformational change
- Solid people development skills
- Strong strategic influencing skills
- Excellent communication, organization/time management and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
- Acumen for new product / capability in development
- Proven track record of success in identifying and addressing client needs
- Ability to articulate strategic approaches to value generation
- Ability to effectively lead strategic sourcing efforts related to Professional Services categories within the context of integrated Plan, Source, Make and Deliver supply chain processes.
- Ability to interface with customers and suppliers via strong written and verbal communications skills
- Experience with BI tools e.g. PowerBI, SiSense, Tableau
Set yourself apart:
· Ability to develop excellent working relationships throughout the hierarchy at client organisations
· Mastery of Sourcing & Category Management responsibilities with a vision for the future of Professional Services in the marketplace
· Proven history of challenging the norm and developing innovative solutions to deliver sustainable outcomes
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 25 days’ vacation per year, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for. This position requires travel of up to 40% to multiple customer locations (post-Covid), the European team is based in the UK, but this role can be based in any European location.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 31/05/2021
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.