Job Role: Data & Applied Intelligence Strategy Manager
Salary: £77,000 - £96,000
Career Level: Manager
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
As a team:
Applied Intelligence, the people who love using data to tell a story. We’re also the world’s largest team of data scientists, data engineers, and experts in machine learning and AI. A great day for us? Solving big problems using the latest tech, serious brain power, and deep knowledge of just about every industry. We believe a mix of data, analytics, automation, and responsible AI can do almost anything—spark digital metamorphoses, widen the range of what humans can do, and breathe life into smart products and services. Want to join our crew of sharp analytical minds?
You'll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways
If you’re looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you. As part of our global team, you'll be working with cutting-edge technologies and will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of new skills on the job.
In our team you will learn:
- At the forefront of the industry, you’ll create, own and make it a reality for clients looking to better serve their connected customers and operate always-on enterprises.
- Become an integral part of our Applied Intelligence team with the credibility, expertise and insight clients depend on.
- You will be working with famous brands and household names – no worrying about how to explain what you do to your family again!
In this role you will:
- Work with clients to understand how data and analytics can help their businesses, working across industry sectors (e.g. financial services, telecoms, healthcare and life sciences, or public sector industries)
- Bring detailed and comprehensive industry knowledge and experience to lead delivery of client projects
- Partner with developers, engineers and data scientists to deploy analytics to deliver business value and define approaches to embed and scale analytics
- Understand and break down client problems, bringing an understanding of leading technology, analytics methods and tools and operating model approaches
- Develop compelling stories through dashboards, analytical tools or PowerPoint to provide guidance to senior client leadership
- Create and lead high-performing teams to deliver fast-paced client projects
- Manage the client relationship, owning deliverables and handling project challenges
- Share your knowledge and experience, verbally and in writing
- Building and applying technical, industry, and functional knowledge to support efforts in selling opportunities to existing and new clients
- Developing ongoing relationships with senior clients and creating new business opportunities
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
- Direct experience managing complex projects and leading teams to achieve successful outcomes
- Wide-ranging awareness of global, economic, technology and social trends that affect our clients
- Business strategy acumen, e.g. business case development, identification of value opportunities for data and analytics, operating model design
- Proven experience of developing high calibre teams to exceed their expectations
- Sales acumen, identifying and managing sales opportunities at client engagements
- An understanding of database technologies e.g. SQL, ETL, No-SQL, DW, and Big Data technologies e.g. Hadoop, Mahout, Pig, Hive, etc.;
- An understanding of statistical modelling techniques e.g. Classification and regression techniques, Neural Networks, Markov chains, etc.;
- An understanding of cloud technologies e.g. AWS, GCP or Azure
- A track record of demonstrated success with clients across multiple accounts
- Adept at working at all levels of the client’s business
- Skilled negotiator who can persuade and build alignment with stakeholders
- Excellent critical thinking skills and ability to develop pragmatic solutions to address clients’ most pressing challenges
Set yourself apart:
- Ability to grow Accenture’s capability to deliver data and analytics solutions to our clients
- Mastery of project/programme management
- Proven history of business development in a consulting environment
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 31/08/2021
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.