Salary: up to £86,000 dependent on skills and location + excellent benefits
The role requires the ability to:
- Advise on VAT efficient structuring of complex and cross-border client engagements, working with the various internal business stakeholders and external advisors if needed
- Provide VAT technical support, and work in collaboration with Accenture’s in-house VAT compliance centre of excellence to manage and oversee Accenture’s VAT compliance for Europe and the Middle East
- Manage Accenture’s response to the increasingly digitalised VAT compliance requirements being adopted by tax authorities globally. Plan and drive the projects to ensure the business remains in compliance. Communication of changes with the wider business stakeholders
- Provide VAT advisory services to the wider Accenture business including both client facing teams and internal finance, legal and other stakeholders
- Arrange and manage the input of external professional advisers where support is required
- Provide VAT technical support on local tax controversy matters such as responding to tax authority queries, managing VAT audits and responding to compliance reviews, in coordination with the Accenture’s in-house Tax Controversy Group.
- Manage Accenture’s VAT Internal Control Framework both in terms of executing the controls and continuous improvement of the Framework to ensure full compliance with VAT law
- Providing VAT support related to M&A transactions including resolution of VAT issues identified during due diligence, deal structuring and post-acquisition VAT compliance integration
- Self starter with the ability to work well in a fluid and challenging environment;
- Experience in dealing with the highest levels of management;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Good organisational and leadership skills;
- Strong ability to work in group and aptitude to cooperate
- Commitment to excel as an VAT professional
- A recognised general tax or specialist VAT qualification
- Language skills are an advantage.
- SAP experience an advantage
What’s in it for you?
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.