As part of the Workplace and Technology Services: Local Projects team, you will be working on a wide variety of projects from inception to completion, as part of the Change Programmes for Geographic Services, Workplace Solutions and Technology Services: Local. Our team project manages changes and service improvements ranging from implementing the latest technology products in our existing offices, new office fit outs and integrating acquisitions.
You will be developing project briefs with senior stakeholders and will be involved in all aspects of project management including creating timelines, assigning resources, developing, monitoring and adjusting the budget for the life cycle of the project. You will have a high level of communication with stakeholders throughout the project, updating the customer on project progress, issues and key risks, and ensuring your projects are delivered on time, within budget and to a high standard.
You will also be responsible for ensuring that the project documentation is created and maintained throughout the project lifecycle, including Quality Assurance documentation, reporting and communications, including presentations.
What skills & experience are we looking for?
- Experience of working in an SLA driven environment
- Strong level of business and financial acumen
- Communication skills of a very high standard with the ability to interact and earn the respect of individuals at all levels and on occasions in high pressure environments
- The ability to work autonomously on own initiative either independently or as part of a team
- A quick thinker with a ‘can do’ attitude and an aptitude for creativity or the ability to adapt as required
- Confident, determined and assured demeanor, especially in high pressure or critical situations
- Documentation and written skills of a very high standard
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Proven high-performer, consistently delivering on commitments
- Ability to make balanced, considered decisions or recommendations
- Strong team player
Desirable but not essential:
- Experience of working for a blue-chip company
- Experience in a large-scale project environment
- Experience of working with suppliers (internal and external)
- Training and experience in project management principles and an understanding/accreditation of PRINCE2/AGILE and/or Accenture Delivery Methods (ADM) is preferable
What academic qualifications do you need?
- Degree level education is desirable, but not essential, attainment of A-Level/Scottish Higher/Irish Leaving Certificate required. However, relevant experience and demonstrated performance is the primary qualification for this role
- A detailed understanding of, and accreditation in, industry and Accenture methodologies, for example, ITIL, Prince2, AGILE and Accenture Delivery Methods (ADM) is preferred
All our professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialisation. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialised skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
On top of this, we have an extensive benefits package which includes 25 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 2 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
If relocation is required in applying to this position, the appointment to the role would be considered an employee driven transfer meaning that the employee will be personally responsible for covering all relocation costs and any costs associated with dependents.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us atwww.accenture.com.
Closing Date for Applications 31/03/2020
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.