Role: ServiceNow Consultant
Travel: Up to 80%
Have you always wanted to work where you are inspired to explore your passions, where your talents are nurtured and cultivated? Working in an environment where you innovate with ground-breaking strategies and technologies on some of the most challenging projects you can imagine. Join Accenture, where we help our clients to accelerate growth by using our diverse skills, talent and experience. Here we design the technologies of tomorrow and accelerate the digital transformation. We help to change the ways of working positively and to enable new business models.
Responsibilities and Duties
You will be part of the UK&I Service Transformation Practice and work to deliver ServiceNow solutions for our customers around the globe.
- Developing long lasting client relationships throughout engagements
- Effectively managing key stakeholders both internally and externally to the organisation
- Facilitating workshops or meetings to gather requirements, presenting and validating solutions and test the interpretation of the client’s needs
- Translating and communicating complex terms into simple language
- Demonstrating solid insights in designing ServiceNow solutions
- Delivering scalable ServiceNow solutions following best practices
- Demonstrating experience with working with one or more key areas of the ServiceNow platform (e.g. ITSM, HR, ITOM, SecOps)
- Understanding and having experience in driving process optimisation, efficiencies and productivity using automation
- Acting as a mentor when required by supporting other less experienced colleagues on the same engagement.
- Regularly providing feedback into best practice and the practice knowledge base
- Contributing to the development of opportunities and providing input to grow and win businesses
Qualifications and Skills
- Industry and project experience with ServiceNow
- Consultancy experience will be advantageous
- Strong analytical skills, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to manage customer and stakeholder expectations
- Have the drive and determination to learn and continuously share your knowledge with others
- Experience working in an IT Service Management (ITIL) / Agile environment
- Hold a ServiceNow System Administrator certification and/or and Implementation Specialist
- University degree in an IT related subject is preferred
What we offer
Accenture offers a competitive compensation package. Salary will depend on your professional and personal qualifications in the required areas.
- Guaranteed paid overtime or overtime vacation
- Refer-a-Friend – get a bonus in the employee referral program
- Loyalty presents
- Flexible working arrangements (Flex-work, Home Office)
- Option to participate on projects abroad
- Wide range of leading-edge trainings
- Teambuilding activities
- Regular performance management and evaluation process
- Ongoing career guidance and mentoring
Family & Health:
- Gym subsidies
- 3 extra charity days off
- Sick leave compensation
- Private medical insurance
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
If relocation is required in applying to this position, the appointment to the role would be considered an employee driven transfer meaning that the employee will be personally responsible for covering all relocation costs and any costs associated with dependents.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications: 30/03/2020
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.