Role: Java Developer
Travel: Possibility for travel to client sites throughout the UK
We have roles available across the following Accenture career levels depending on skills and experience
Salary: We have roles available across a range of Accenture career levels including Analyst, Senior Analyst, Specialist and Associate Manager levels. Salary: £26,000 to £60,000+ (depending on skills and experience)
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions — underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network — Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 505,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com
What we’re looking for;
· Born collaborators passionate about building and running consumer-facing digital products to join our dynamic agile engineering team
· Highly-motivated engineers with relevant experience building cloud-based microservices using Java 8+
· Engineers who consider the impact that backend implementations can have on the overall product user experience
· A keen eye for production performance, operability and maintainability
- A strong understanding of web, integration & test technologies (HTML, XML, JSON, Web Services, Junit, Mockito)
- Experience working with build and dependency management tools (such as Maven) and source code management tools (such as GitLab / GitHub)
- Knowledge of modern Java based frameworks like Spring and/or Dropwizard
- An understanding and of messaging and queues (JMS, Queues, Kafka)
- Application design patterns and UML
- Knowledge of relational databases & NoSQL (e.g. Hadoop, CouchDb) desirable
- Experience using containerisation and associated tech, such as Docker, Kubernetes and ECS
- RESTful services and associated tech, such as Swagger
- Solid experience working with CI tools and associated tech (e.g Bamboo, Jenkins, Hudson and SonarCube)
- Interest in innovating and suggesting newer technologies, serverless and reactive architectures based on AWS
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.