Role: Security Software Engineer - Cyber Defense
Salary: £40,000 - £55,000
Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Join Accenture Security iDefense and you will become crucial towards helping us grow and succeed. Threat Intelligence engineers will integrate into our efforts to build new collection, analysis, and research platforms. Developments become immediately relevant towards producing timely intelligence for our customers and assist them in improving their defensive posture.
- Identifying and developing collection against new online intelligence sources
- Crafting workflows with analysts to facilitate their research
- Supporting real-time platforms and helping them scale
- Participating in data-focused research projects on cyber-crime, nation-state activity, and more
What responsibilities will you have?
As a cyber threat intelligence engineer, your primary role will be to accompany the research and development lifecycle for new and existing intelligence collection and analysis capabilities. This includes mapping analyst requirements, analysing datasets and raw sources, crafting collection capabilities, developing analytical modules, generating outputs and user interfaces, and overseeing infrastructure growth to support it all.
Required technical skills and experience:
- Extensive, proven professional software development experience
- Extensive, proven experience working on large software projects, including participating in system architecture processes
- Demonstrable knowledge and project experience in a data-driven environment
- Experience working on projects in cybersecurity, intelligence, or the information security industry
The ideal candidate will also possess the following traits:
- Team oriented
- Results driven
- Strong passion and self-driven
- Well organised
- Able to work effectively under pressure
Bonus technical skills/experience:
- Proficiency in Python
- Experience with Docker or comparable virtualisation/containerization solutions
- Experience with Elasticsearch and NoSQL platforms
- Experience working in frontend software development (HTML/CSS/others)
- Experience working in cloud-based environments
What skills & experience are we looking for?
- A background in technical IT roles and excellent software development skills.
- Experience in developing software for the intelligence lifecycle or a cybersecurity ecosystem.
- Experience in leading, initiating and independently advancing projects and ideas.
- Strong communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills;
- Willingness to work in an integrated team of analysts, researchers and engineers.
What academic qualifications do you need?
- A BSc in Computer Science or equivalent is an advantage, but not required if demonstrably equivalent experience is available/
- Certifications in information security are an advantage.
What’s in it for you?
All of our professionals receive comprehensive training covering business, technical and professional skills development. You will have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in Cyber Security. The sheer variety and scale of work we do, and the experience it offers, provides an unbeatable platform to build a career. In addition, our growth, combined with our integrated career counselling, offers great opportunities for rapid advancement.
As well as a highly competitive salary, Accenture offers a comprehensive package including 30 days holiday, 3 additional days for charitable work of your choice, an employee healthcare plan and a competitive pension scheme.
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 31/10/2020
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Jobs Near You
Business Transformation Advisor - Senior Manager
Business & Technology Integration
Mobile and Web Apps Developer Consultant (ALL LOCATIONS)
Business & Technology Integration
Global Travel, Aviation Consulting Manager 2
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.