Role: Technology Strategy Consultant
Salary: £ 53,000 - 65,000 + benefits
Closing Date: 25/07/2019
Join Accenture Strategy and help develop strategies for leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Technology is the major disruptor of our age. Technology is changing competitive landscapes and creating new opportunities for almost every organization. This situation plays directly to Accenture's strengths. With Accenture Strategy, we have created what we believe is the strategy firm of the future. We are fantastically well positioned to help our clients address the strategic opportunities presented by technological change. It’s a very exciting place to be!
Our 8,000+ strong team of strategists combine deep business insight and tremendous technology understanding within the context of our client’s industry. There is no one player who can bring all of that together at the scale and with the degree of integration that we can. This is what our clients’ current challenges and opportunities demand of us and it is what makes us different from any other strategy firm in the market.
- Interpreting the commercial mechanics of businesses and the role of technology in accelerating value realisation
- Working with our clients to shape and execute business visions enabled by realistic roadmaps of capability development framed within well-defined governance
- Working with our clients to translate and leverage technology to maximise strategic impact articulated in structured enterprise architectures to help deliver tangible business outcomes
- Working with industry and business specialists to develop comprehensive technology strategies, including IT opportunity assessment, investment portfolio management, information strategy, sourcing strategy, enterprise architecture strategy and moreAnalysing current issues and building a fact-based approach to developing and implementing client visions, road maps and governance to address today's business needs and support future growth
- Analysing current issues and building a fact-based approach to developing and implementing client visions, road maps and governance to address today's business needs and support future growth
- Assisting our clients to build the required capabilities for growth and innovation in order to sustain
- Developing a deep understanding of emerging technologies to feed value creation opportunities that often disrupt traditional industry value chains and challenge orthodoxies
- Working in multi-disciplinary teams to shape, propose, communicate and implement programs
- Contributing to our thought leadership at the intersect of business and technolog
Your Experience - We’re looking for experience in one or more of the following areas:
- IT Strategy: Experience developing a deep understanding of business needs, defining their implications on current and future use of enterprise technology, and creating data-driven strategies
- Experience in helping clients establish a vision, roadmap and governance. Experience in Enterprise Architecture tools such as Troux, Mega, Alfabet etc. Exposure to industry frameworks such as TOGAF.
- A good balance of technology and functional skills across core Technology Strategy disciplines i.e. enterprise architecture, functional decomposition, strategic analytics, CxO-1 stakeholder management and business casing
- Innovation: Experience in identifying and exploiting new value streams enabled by the creative application of existing or leading-edge technologies
- IT Operating Model: Experience shaping IT operating models which enable the IT organisation to deliver value in line with business strategies
- Ability to work collaboratively and iteratively, develop experiments and prototypes to prove the value of strategic architecture blueprints
- Experience in the business application of technology, an analytical and rigorous approach, business case experience, ability to turn data into insightful executive summaries
- Digital-focused experience of identifying and exploiting new value streams enabled by leading edge technologies
- IT process excellence oriented experience, operating model design and transformation
- Experience in helping clients reposition their technology portfolio to fuel growth by balancing cost and capability.
Set Yourself Apart: Preferred Qualifications
- Strong desire to work in technology-driven business transformation and curiosity around opportunities and threats posed by innovation and industry convergence
- Knowledge of, and passion for, technology trends e.g. Robotics, Big Data, Advanced Machine Learning, Internet of Things
- Knowledge of industry operations, dynamics and trends in one or more of the following industries: Financial Services, Telecoms, Media, Technology, Life Sciences, Retail and Consumer Packaged Goods
- Intellectual capacity to develop creative and breakthrough solutions
- Strong analytical skills, understanding of complex issues, the ability to quickly absorb information, conceptual and creative problem-solving excellence
- Equally comfortable in the role of business or IT strategist; able to rapidly assess the IT implications of business strategy and the business implications of IT strategy
- First class written and verbal communication skills; the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions in a simple, logical and impactful manner
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
- Leadership qualities; the ability to easily establish trust-based relationships and gain valuable insights through collaboration and communication
- Drive; enjoys a challenge, proven ability to adapt and remove obstacles to achieve results, determination and optimism
- Flexibility to accommodate client travel requirements
- Proven consulting experience or relevant Technology Strategy background, with experience of strategy formulation
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 25/07/2019
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.