Role: Cities and Infrastructure Consulting Manager (Global Health & Public Services Team)
Location: London, Manchester, Newcastle
Travel: up to 100% (variable)
Closing Date: 31/08/19
Salary: £68,000 - £93,000
The Global Cities and Infrastructure Industry team is a dedicated centre of excellence within our Global Health and Public Service business; it’s is a hub of specialised practitioners responsible for tailoring the very best of Accenture and bringing it to our global cities and infrastructure clients around the world; helping to build on our existing footprint with over 80 cities and to deliver real-world outcomes for our cities and infrastructure clients.
We are looking for a strong/ambitious manager with fast paced career aspirations, a self-starter who will have responsibility for the sizeable consulting portfolio that is part of our global business. You will be expected to interface with senior leadership across the firm and senior practioners outside the firm and to report monthly to the global Public Services overall industry lead.
You will be a part of the core team flexing between chargeable work, business development, asset development and thought leadership.
We expect you to have the following skills:
- Solid understanding of the Cities or Infrastructure sector
- Work independently with strong self motivating skills
- Strong communication skills with good understanding of how to navigate in different cultural settings.
- An ability to articulate and clearly communicate complex problems and solutions in a simple and logical manner.
- Experience understanding business challenges and explaining how our offerings and services provide value.
- Experience identifying a client’s high-level business needs and leading the creation of detailed solutions
- Well-developed analytical skills and the ability to provide clarity to complex issues and synthesize large amounts of information.
- Insights on key methodologies, approaches and market trends in the industry
- An ability to inspire teams to deliver to a high standard in a suitable timeframe.
- Experience understanding team strengths, and the ability to coach and develop others.
- Fluent written and spoken English skills
In addition we are looking for someone who has experience in most of the following areas:
- Comfort conveying both high-level and detailed information, adjusting the way ideas are presented to better address varying social styles and audiences.
- Experience structuring activities that play to a team's strengths and provide opportunities for others to grow.
- Advanced PowerPoint skills
- We offer a transparent approach career progression, with a focus on your strengths and continuous coaching from senior colleagues.
- You’ll benefit from working alongside Accenture experts who are solving some of the biggest industry challenges with innovative thinking and cutting-edge tools. Flexible work arrangements and a range of benefits.
- You'll have access to leading-edge technology that will give you the opportunity to deepen your existing skills even as you help create the latest business trends.
- Competitive rewards linked to fast-paced progression.
- Most importantly you’ll also have opportunities to make a difference to the communities in which we work and live.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 373,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at
Accenture Equal Opportunities Statement
Please note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
If relocation is required in applying to this position, the appointment to the role would be considered an employee driven transfer meaning that the employee will be personally responsible for covering all relocation costs and any costs associated with dependants.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.