Role: Technology Strategy Consultant - Enterprise Architecture
Join Accenture Strategy and help develop strategies for leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Applied Technology is the major disruptor of our age. Technology is changing competitive landscapes and creating new opportunities for almost every organization. This situation plays directly to Accenture's strengths. With Accenture Strategy, we have created what we believe is the strategy firm of the future. We are fantastically positioned to help our clients address the strategic opportunities presented by technological change and it’s a very exciting place to be!
Technology Strategy is central to strategic reinvention typically underpinned by applied technology. You will sit at the very heart of some of the most exciting and business critical initiatives in the marketplace. Our organisation has a formidable track record for seeing strategy though to scaled reality complemented by the culture change often needed to monetise innovation. Our successes in the marketplace have provided us with deep industry insight, multidisciplinary expertise and field-proven experience in delivering transformational outcomes. In choosing to work with us, you will benefit from the same.
We are looking for individuals with an excellent grounding in core consulting skills, with a background in Enterprise Architecture, to credibly shape and communicate stories to CxO audiences. If you are known for your ability to identify and solve the most challenging client problems through combining deep value chain knowledge and technology expertise with the ability to describe the value of the exploitation of technology, then we would like to hear from you.
Your Role: Technology Strategy Consultant – Enterprise Architecture
There will never be a typical day at Accenture, that’s why people love it here. The opportunities to make a difference within exciting client initiatives are limitless in this ever-changing business landscape.
Here are just a few of your day-to-day responsibilities:
- Interpreting the commercial mechanics of businesses and the role of technology in accelerating value realisation
- Working with our clients to shape and execute against business visions, enabled by realistic roadmaps of capability development framed within well-defined governance
- Helping to translate and leverage technology to maximise strategic impact, articulated in structured enterprise architectures, to help deliver tangible business outcomes
- Working with industry and functional specialists to develop comprehensive technology strategies, including IT opportunity assessment, investment portfolio management, information strategy, sourcing strategy, enterprise architecture strategy and more
- Analysing current issues and using a fact-based approach to develop and implement client visions, road maps and governance frameworks to address today's business needs and support future growth
- Assisting our clients to build their required capabilities for growth and innovation in order to achieve and sustain high performance
- Developing a deep understanding of emerging technologies to feed value creation opportunities that can challenge orthodoxies and disrupt traditional industry value chains
- Working in multi-disciplinary teams to shape, propose, communicate and initiate programs
- Contributing to our thought leadership at the intersection of business and technology (what we call BizTech)
Your Experience - We’re looking for experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Helping large organisations to establish a business or technology architecture vision and roadmap
- Working at pace, collaboratively and iteratively
- An analytical and rigorous approach to the business value of technology
- End to end experience of customer-facing, colleague-facing or straight-through processing environments, leading to an understanding of the different demands placed on technology in those settings and common patterns for meeting those demands
- Architectures comprising microservices and APIs, used to enable participation in digital ecosystems
- Event-based architecture
- Data or information architecture
- Modern technologies like blockchain, artificial intelligence or IoT
- Developing hypotheses and prototypes to prove the value of strategic architecture blueprints
- Design of governance frameworks or processes
- Practical use of Enterprise Architecture tools such as Troux, Mega, Alfabet, Archimate, etc.
- Training in and judicious application of industry frameworks such as TOGAF or Zachman
- Creation of business cases
- Identifying and exploiting new value streams enabled by new and emerging technologies
- IT process excellence, operating model design and transformation
- Lifecycle management of technology portfolios
Set Yourself Apart: Preferred Qualifications and Personal Characteristics
- A good balance of technology and functional skills enabling you to be positioned at the intersection of business and technology
- A strong desire to work in technology-driven business transformation and a natural curiosity for the opportunities and threats posed by innovation and industry convergence
- Knowledge of, and passion for, current and emerging technology trends such as machine learning, microservices architectures, quantum computing, as-a-Service or distributed ledger technologies
- A background in one or more of the following industries: Financial Services, Telecommunications, Media, Technology, Life Sciences, Retail or Consumer Packaged Goods
- The intellectual capacity and self-confidence to develop creative solutions to client business problems
- The ability to turn data into insightful executive summaries
- Strong analytical skills, the ability quickly to absorb information and grasp complex issues
- Comfortable in the role of either business or IT strategist; able to rapidly assess the IT implications of business strategy and the business implications of IT strategy
- First class written and oral communication skills, coupled with the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions in a simple, logical and impactful manner
- Adept at fitting into newly-formed teams and immediately contributing in your areas of expertise
- The ability easily to establish trust-based relationships and gain valuable insights through collaboration and communication
- You enjoy a challenge, and have proven the ability to adapt to new situations and overcome obstacles to achieve results, with both determination and optimism
- Flexibility to accommodate client travel requirements
Our Commitment to You
- Your entrepreneurial spirit and vision will be rewarded, and your success will fuel opportunities for career advancement.
- You’ll make a difference for some very impressive clients. Accenture Strategy serves 72 of the Fortune Global 100 on high-profile projects.
- Opportunities to learn through training at Accenture’s global Strategy College, assignments and collaboration with experts across the company.
- Access to leading-edge technology.
- Along with a competitive salary, Accenture offers a comprehensive package that includes a range of market-relevant benefits and programs to help you manage the demands of work and life.
As well as a highly competitive salary, Accenture offers a comprehensive package including 30 days holiday, 3 additional days for charitable work of your choice, an employee healthcare plan and a competitive pension scheme.
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Jobs Near You
USA TX - Austin
Medical Policy Support Associate Manager
Program, Project & Service Mgmt
USA NY - New York
Finance & Risk - Liquidity Risk Manager
Workday HCM Manager - Northeast Region
Business & Technology Integration
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.