Job Location: Location Negotiable
Job Number: 00697315 00697315_en-GB
Role: Health & Public Sector Strategy Senior Manager
Location: London, Manchester, Newcastle
Travel: up to 100% (variable)
Closing Date: 31/08/19
Why Accenture Health & Public Sector Strategy?
Digital technology is creating new opportunities for every organization. This situation plays directly to Accenture's strengths; operating at the intersection of business and technology. In Accenture Health and & Public Sector (H&PS) Strategy, we are creating what we believe is the strategy firm of the future. It’s a very exciting place to be!
You will be joining a team and network of 8,000+ strategists globally, who combine deep business insight and tremendous technology understanding within the context of our client’s industry. There is no one player who can bring all of that together at the scale and with the degree of integration that Accenture can. This is what our clients’ current challenges and opportunities demand of us and it is what makes us different to any other strategy firm in the market.
Health and Public Sector Strategy
We are building a truly “end to end” strategy function focused on helping H&PS clients address their most significant opportunities and challenges. We see Strategy as setting the stage for impact and innovation and this means we need people who combine a strong strategy skillset with a deep knowledge and understanding of the digital context in which we operate. In practice this means we are building a team where business strategists work alongside technology strategists daily. It means we expect our strategists to be at the centre of multi-disciplinary teams, where they are able to both compose a vision and conduct an orchestra of a multiplicity of talents to shape it. The ability to work across our powerful ecosystem is critical to us – within our family we have agencies such as Fjord, Karmarama, and WhatIf?! who’s capabilities we seek to harness to deliver the best possible strategy for our clients.
Are you inspired by identifying and unlocking value for organizations through innovative application of key trends and business and technology solutions? If so, then we would like to talk to you about what a career at Accenture Strategy could mean for you.
Your Role: H&PS Strategy Senior Manager
There will never be a typical day at Accenture H&PS Strategy, but that’s why people love it here.
Here are just a few typical responsibilities:
· Deliver successful strategy engagements (sometimes multiple at once) addressing our clients’ business challenges, delivering lasting and distinctive outcomes and value in disciplines such as:
o Corporate and Business Strategy
o Digital and Technology Strategy
o Operating Strategy and Business design
o Operating Model Strategy and Transformation
o Investment Case Development
o Innovation strategy
· Solve complex, ambiguous strategy problems, bringing structure and rigorous quantitative and qualitative analysis techniques; acting and taking decisions with little management oversight
· Drive a rigorous and structured approach to identifying and solving business problems that lead to strategic insights
· Make, build and sustain trusted senior client relationships in the C-suite by remaining highly attuned to client needs and styles
· Lead business development activities including opportunity identification/qualification, proposal development/presentation, and commercial contract negotiation
· Run Accenture’s business (including cost management, contract management, …) with discipline, rigour and integrity
· Take accountability for developing the Accenture H&PS Strategy practice and build Accenture’s innovative H&PS offerings, assets and capabilities
· Lead the creation of well-articulated thought leadership assets that present innovative and action-oriented information, insight, knowledge, guidance and recommendations on a specific market-relevant strategy topic and drive improved market presence in external forums
· Develop and manage high performing multidisciplinary Strategy teams, leading by example, actively mentoring others and contributing to performance management and recruitment activities
Your Experience: We’re looking for experience in the following areas:
· Strategy experience (mostly in H&PS) at a recognized consulting firm or through an ‘in-house’ consulting role
· Familiarity with recognized Strategy frameworks and techniques; experience of research, quantitative analysis, structured problem solving and executive communication techniques
· An excellent understanding of the H&PS sector including a knowledge of how HMG and its agencies function – its ‘business’ models and operating models
· Knowledge and a personal viewpoint on key H&PS trends and prevailing themes and challenges; understanding of how HMG buys work and how it defines value
· Proven track record of building and sustaining lasting relationships with Executives /Senior Executives of significant organizations in the H&PS sector
· Proven track record of leading medium to large teams across clients, vendors, and delivering complex strategy engagements
· Experience in developing and building the practice internally – helping to define strategy, manage resource development, set and achieve targets
· Strong strategic Program and Journey management experience
Set Yourself Apart: Preferred Skills
· Intellectual capacity and ability to think in new, innovative ways to understand complex issues and develop creative solutions
· An appreciation of how technology and digital can contribute to solving clients’ complex business problems; comfort operating at the intersection of business and technology
· Proven experience in leading teams to deliver new strategies or capabilities while developing, mentoring and inspiring team members
· Proven presentation skills, personal impact and charisma to lead large-scale, senior meetings, presentations and workshops
· First class written and verbal communication skills; the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions in a simple, logical and impactful manner
· Strong and proven track record in sales origination, with an entrepreneurial mind-set and commercial management of consulting engagements
· Willingness to flexibly accommodate client travel and location requirements
· Apply deep business strategy development, architecting value and operating model architecture skills to influence client agendas
· An excellent University Bachelor Degree or equivalent
· MBA or postgraduate degree preferable but not mandatory
Work Authorization Requirements
UK government security clearances would be preferred
Our Commitment to You
You will enjoy the freedom to innovate and the support to excel. We will expect a lot from you but you will get the same in return:
· Your entrepreneurial spirit and vision will be rewarded, and your success will fuel opportunities for career advancement
· You’ll make a difference for some impressive clients,
· Opportunities to learn through executive training at Accenture’s global Strategy College, assignments and collaboration with experts across the company
· Access to leading-edge technology
· Along with a competitive salary, Accenture offers a comprehensive package that includes a range of market-relevant benefits and programs to help you manage the demands of work and life
Accenture Equal Opportunities Statement
Please note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
If relocation is required in applying to this position, the appointment to the role would be considered an employee driven transfer meaning that the employee will be personally responsible for covering all relocation costs and any costs associated with dependants.
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.