Role: Marketing Strategy Consultant – Advanced Customer Strategy
Why Accenture Strategy?
Accenture Strategy operates at the intersection of business and technology—working with our clients to solve their toughest issues, realize their most promising opportunities, and deliver real results. Whether it's business strategy, technology strategy or operations strategy, we drive value, shape new businesses and design operating models for the future.
Our 8,000+ strong team of strategists combine deep business insight and technology understanding within the context of our client’s industry. There is no one player who can bring all of that together at the scale and with the degree of integration that Accenture can. This is what our clients’ current challenges and opportunities demand of us and it is what makes us different to any other strategy firm in the market.
We help businesses address the challenges and opportunities presented by industry disruption (across consumers, customers, competitors).
We partner with business and marketing leaders to create differentiated strategies for profitable growth, build demand-creation strategies, generate fuel-for-growth and build agile operating models (sales and marketing).
We differentiate ourselves through our deep digital and analytics capabilities, implementation experience and end-to-end insight of the marketing value chain
Marketing Strategy Consultant
There will never be a typical day at Accenture, but that’s why we love it here. Typical day-to-day responsibilities:
Client Delivery and Development
- Solve complex, ambiguous client business problems, bringing structure and rigorous quantitative and qualitative analysis techniques; acting and taking decisions with little management oversight
- Deliver strategy engagements, addressing our clients’ business challenges, delivering lasting and distinctive outcomes and value
- Make, build and sustain trusted senior client relationships in the C-suite by remaining highly attuned to client needs and styles
- Contribute to business development activities including opportunity identification/qualification and proposal development/presentation
Marketing Strategy Practice Building
- Contribute to developing the Marketing Strategy practice and building Accenture’s offerings, assets, capabilities, and thought leadership
- Develop Accenture's Marketing Strategy community leading by example, actively mentoring others and contributing to performance management, and training activities
- Multiple years of experience in a blue-chip CGS firm in line-marketing role and at a top tier consulting firm
- Operational experience of Brand Management: P&L management; initiative development; annual Brand planning; budget management; MROI evaluation.
- Operational experience of Brand-building: communications development; product development; market research; media planning (including digital); retailer activation plans
- Understanding of marketing industry trends, and working knowledge of marketing / CGS current affairs
- Familiarity with recognized Strategy frameworks and techniques; experience of research, quantitative analysis, structured problem solving and executive communication techniques
- A robust understanding of financial statements and the drivers of ROI, profit and shareholder returns
- Experience on building relationships with Senior Executives
- Proven operational experience in some of the following areas (marketing focused):
o P&L management
o Brand management
o Brand communications development
o Media management
o Brand launches
o Digital marketing
o Initiative development
Proven operational experience in some of the following areas (consulting focused):
o Growth & Innovation Strategy
o Digital Business Strategy
o Demand creation strategy
o Operating Model Strategy
o Net Revenue Management
o Route-to-Market Strategy
o Cost Optimisation (direct, indirect & organisation)
Professional Skills and Personality
- ‘Can do’ attitude with strong client-service orientation.
- Impeccable business ethics, integrity and sense of responsibility for peers, clients and society
- Demonstrated ability to work with multi-cultural teams to deliver high-quality output in short timeframes
- Experience in applying Structured Problem Solving skills for ambiguous and complex business issues
- Understand the broader picture and the longer term without losing view of the detail and the short term
- Plan and coordinate own and team's work activities to meet commitments and quality expectations
- Maximise team performance by encouraging collaboration and by addressing issues that impact the performance of the team
- Excellent communication (listening, speaking, writing) and interpersonal skills
- Confident, composed, able to relate to senior clients
- Strong interest in broadening skills, as opposed to being narrowly focused
Preferred Skills: Set Yourself Apart
- Understanding how technology & digital help solve clients’ complex business problems
- Exposure and/or involvement in sales origination, coupled with an entrepreneurial mind-set
All of our professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at a number of levels to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with company-acknowledged Subject Matter Experts.
The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build and further develop your career.
Great things can happen—they already are. Come and be a part of the next level of high performance.
As well as a competitive salary, Accenture offers a comprehensive package including 30 days holiday, 3 additional days for charitable work of your choice, an employee healthcare plan and a competitive pension scheme.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Jobs Near You
Microsoft - Technology Consulting - Senior Manager - Southwest
USA MD - Greenbelt
Federal - SOC / Security Engineering Deputy Lead
Property & Casualty Insurance Manager
Business & Technology Integration
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.