Job Location: Location Negotiable
Job Number: 00693805 00693805_en
Role: Technical Architect (Cloud/Virtualisation)
Location: Successful candidate can be based anywhere across the UK - will be aligned to Accenture's Warwick office
Travel: approx. 75%
Salary: Up to £49k depending on experience
Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Join Accenture Operations and you will become part of the largest and most diverse group of business operations specialists in the world. You will be part of a team which provides business process excellence, implements leading cloud technology and builds and transforms client infrastructure services.
We are constantly seeking new ways to achieve high performance in our clients’ business operations! We provide technology-enabled business process services to deliver business outcomes and are constantly seeking new ways to achieve high performance in our clients’ business operations.
Overall Purpose of Job
The Technical Solution Architect is responsible for performing and managing architecture design work for Accenture’s clients. The role is suitable for people who have:
· Demonstrable experience and deep knowledge in technical architecture design for a broad range of technologies such as compute, storage and networking but preferably be a specialist in cloud and virtualisation technologies.
· Experience of developing and managing architecture design work as part of a client engagement team
· Experience of managing and performing critical analysis of technology and associated processes, with a view to recommending strategies that will improve service, lower costs and prevent avoidable operational issues
· Good commercial attitude to New Business solutioning, with the ability to form solutions based on limited information and assumptions, whilst observing reference architectures and cost models
· Excellent communication and client facing skills
· Ability to act as a technical lead to direct and support project engineers during implementation of a solution and be hands on, if and when required
What responsibilities will you have?
· Design technical architectures for clients, ensuring their suitability to meet target service levels and delivery costs
· Lead and own architecture activities in designing complex technical solutions involving multi-vendor, multi-cloud environments
· Manage the work performed by other architects for their client or project
· Analyse client technology & processes and recommend optimisation and good practice improvements
· Provide clients with Accenture knowledge capital and bring to bear the benefits of wider Accenture experience
· Perform due diligence on proposed designs, identifying potential issues within the execution and operations architectures and recommend options
· Perform impact analysis of proposed major changes to the technology landscape of customer systems
· Assist with maintenance of joint client-Accenture technology roadmaps, maintaining lose relationships clients’ architecture teams
New Business technical solutions
· Thorough approach to gathering & analysing client requirements, to ensure we are able to design and demonstate best value solutions for Accenture and the client
· Translate technical requirements into business and financlial models, supporting the delivery of end to end new solutions.
What skills & experience are we looking for?
Required Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
· Broad, up-to-date, industry experience and knowledge
· Deep Public Cloud expertise, including IaaS, PaaS, SaaS – particularly Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS). Optionaly others too
· Deep SDDC, Virtualisation expertise – particularly VMWare. Optionaly others too
· Experience in Private Cloud architectures & technologies, including compute, network & storage
· Experience of Automation and DevOps – such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Git, Powershell, Python, etc.
· Experience with Operating Systems, particularly Microsoft Windows Server, Linux. And applications such as SQL Server, Exchange, AD, SharePoint, SAP, Oracle
· Solid understanding of operations technologies, tools and processes
· Experience of enterprise class architectures (Cloud failoiver, virtualisation clusters, Disaster Recovery, secure web hosting, etc.)
· Ability to define and scope major technical projects
· Product selection and comparison skills
· Support the creation of business cases and cost models
· Proven experience in designing technical architecture solutions for clients in a client facing role
· Maintains up to date knowledge of technologies and their use cases. Understands current trends in the market
· Credible and authoritative. Good commercial, interpersonal, client and verbal/written communication skills. Builds good working relationships with clients, peers, staff, etc. Good presentation skills
· Ability to work with diverse groups across geographies. Ability to get things done through others. Ability to influence others and bring different groups to consensus. Builds trust. Has integrity
· Flexibility. The role may involve spending considerable time working away at clients’ sites and other Accenture locations across the UK
· Ideally the candidate should hold a degree and be certified in Cloud and Virtualisation technologies
What’s in it for you?
All our Operations professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialisation. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialised skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
On top of this, we have an extensive benefits package which includes 25 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
If relocation is required in applying to this position, the appointment to the role would be considered an employee driven transfer meaning that the employee will be personally responsible for covering all relocation costs and any costs associated with dependents.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 31/05/2019
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.