Role: Utilities Prepayment Specialist (Consultant or Manager)
Travel: Up to 100%
Closing Date: 31/08/19
Make delivering truly innovative work part of an extraordinary career – join Accenture Consulting and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. Coupled with this, we will provide you with an unparalleled opportunity to grow through the sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and through the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value.
In Accenture Consulting, we focus on helping clients achieve profitable growth and solve their most pressing challenges. We bring unmatched industry knowledge, client experience, strategic alliances, proprietary assets and subject matter experts to solve our client’s hardest questions and deliver upon their strategic objectives. We do this by operating at the intersection of strategy, technology, digital and operations. As the primary owners of client relationships, we take the best of Accenture’s five businesses to our clients
What responsibilities will you have?
As a consultant or manager in Accenture's Customers & Channels practice you will lead Accenture teams through a variety of challenging, interesting and innovative engagements at our clients (ranging from short term strategic initiatives to multi-year transformation projects) in an increasingly competitive Utilities market. No two days are the same in consulting… But you can expect to:
- Follow the latest business and technology trends, looking into the future and working with truly cutting-edge technologies today
- Building points of view and perspectives on the impact and opportunity of disruption and technology innovation to our clients
- Bring our clients through collaborative journeys (Business, IT and external stakeholders) to get to the heart of their business and industry challenges
- Draw upon our Global network of industry experts and your own experience to define, develop and deliver pragmatic, cost-effective solutions
- Ensuring the delivery of tangible results through the delivery of your solutions – managing client relationships and leading small teams of people
What skills & experience are we looking for?
Utilities industry – delivering projects and leading teams. We are looking for passionate industry and retail experts who have the both the ambition and foundational skills to change to an exciting and challenging career in consulting. The best candidates would have a deep understanding of the energy and/or water industry, the UK market and associated regulation e.g. energy price reviews, water market competition, funding cycles, service incentive mechanism (SIM), etc.
Successful candidates will have deep experience in some or all of the following areas:
We are looking for candidates to bring strength in the following functional skills:
- Structured and innovative problem-solving skills with a deep analytical capability
- Well-developed quantitative skills to draw insights e.g. financial analysis, market data analysis etc.
- Project management and experience with delivery methods such as Agile, Lean, and Design Thinking
- Relationship and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
What academic qualifications do you need?
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
You will be challenged by:
- Working with our diverse client base to solve their most difficult problems
- Delivering truly innovative work on the back of emergent technologies
- Leading and working alongside high calibre Accenture colleagues
- Working across multiple geographic locations and workforces
- Access to our global knowledge and capability network