Role: Strategy Supply Chain & Operations Consultant
Schedule: Full Time
Travel: Up to 100%
Closing Date: 10:03:19
Strategy Supply Chain & Operations is a major functionally-oriented consulting practice: we help our clients to identify and quantify the transformational opportunities available in today’s dynamic business environment. We work with clients to develop vision and strategy for their operations to match today’s complex and often ambiguous drivers of change: geopolitical and economic uncertainty, volatility, global competitiveness and increasing digital disruption. As part of the 6,000+ Accenture Strategy professionals in our global community, you’ll join the Supply Chain & Operations team where we have capabilities in the areas of Zero-Based Budgeting, Sourcing & Procurement, Supply Chain and Operations & Process Transformation.
A Supply Chain & Operations Professional:
- Develops operational strategies by assessing the client’s business challenges, diagnosing root cause problems, running global benchmarks and recommending an approach leveraging Accenture assets
- Creates blueprints that define the future operating model
- Reviews and shapes organisation designs for Operations and/or other functions
- Analyses and models financial data to support large scale cost reduction programmes, utilising functional and cost category benchmarks, process definitions and enterprise value targeting tools
- Helps clients improve their ability to drive business outcomes through digital planning, reporting, and analytics
- Determines how clients can harness digital and emerging technology solutions to power their operational strategies (including via RPA, IoT, Blockchain, Analytics, AI)
Skill and Experience Requirements
As a Consultant, you will lead teams to formulate competitive agility and productivity strategies, while challenging historical perspectives to better align resources with mission critical objectives. You will provide actionable insights to the world's top organisations, helping them address priority C-suite issues with strategies they can execute with speed and at scale. Candidates are expected to demonstrate the following:
- Experience in working in Financial Services, Energy, Utilities and High-Tech (including Aerospace & Defence) is of particular interest, though experience in Communications, Media & Entertainment, Chemical & Natural Resources, Consumer Goods, Life Sciences and Logistics
- Broad exposure to business operations, outside of core operations (e.g. Channel and Organisation Design, Technology and Innovation)
- Ability to analyse complex client problems, understand financial performance links between operations, supply chain and corporate results and think strategically to create a benefit/business case
- Digital/technology awareness including intelligent automation, IoT, blockchain and analytics
- Ability to form strong client relationships particularly at the senior levels
- Strong strategic thinking and team building with a proven track record in driving business outcomes for large clients
Many of our consultants work on client engagements spread around UK and Europe, therefore you must be willing to travel and work away from home Monday to Friday as required.
As well as a highly competitive salary, Accenture offers a comprehensive package including 30 days holiday, 3 additional days for charitable work of your choice, an employee healthcare plan and a competitive pension scheme.
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 10/03/19
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Jobs Near You
USA CA - San Francisco
IT Business Analyst
USA CA - San Francisco
Accenture DayNine - Workday Certified Absence/Time Tracking Manager
Business & Technology Integration
USA GA - Atlanta
Accenture DayNine- Workday Certified Delivery Lead Senior Manager
Business & Technology Integration
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.