Job Location: Location Negotiable
Regional Description: United Kingdom
Job Number: 00674654 00674654_en-GB
Role: Technical Project Manager
Location: This role is aligned to the Warwick office but can be based anywhere in the UK with flexible working opportunities
Travel: Travel and work on client sites when required
Salary: Up to £43,000 depending on experience
Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Join Accenture Operations and you will become part of the largest and most diverse group of business operations specialists in the world. You will be part of a team which provides business process excellence, implements leading cloud technology and builds and transforms client infrastructure services.
We are constantly seeking new ways to achieve high performance in our clients’ business operations! We provide technology-enabled business process services to deliver business outcomes and are constantly seeking new ways to achieve high performance in our clients’ business operations.
The Project Manager will take responsibility for the implementation of client services and deployments on behalf of the Delivery Center interacting with senior client and Accenture management.
The role may require client site attendance and the co-ordination of client and Accenture resources, leveraging a virtual team from our Global Delivery Network.
The Project Manager must take overall responsibility for all projects assigned to them. All projects must be delivered within the agreed budget, quality and timescales committed, and detailed in each Work Package. The Project Manager must ensure that:
· the project deliverables are delivered to a high quality
· standard processes are followed (Accenture or client as appropriate)
· standard project reporting accurately represents the project status
· appropriate service acceptance and handover activities are completed.
· Deliver your projects in line with the agreed budget, quality and timescales
· Take ownership – be the face of your project for the clients and within the Delivery Center
· Manage your stakeholders and ask for help if you need it
· Draw up and maintain your project plan
· Attain approval and necessary resources to deliver your project plan
· Manage the technical teams in delivering their tasks and activities
· Report project status in a clear fact based style, highlighting all key issues and action(s) to remediate
· Log and proactively manage all project risks and issues to closure / acceptance
· Track and manage your project financials escalating any issues
· Ensure effective use of standard templates for your reports and all project deliverables
· Work with service delivery teams to complete acceptance and readiness and ensure effective handover
· Ensure compliance with Accenture Policies and standards.
· Learn lessons and drive continuous improvements
What skills & experience are we looking for?
· Technical understanding of infrastructure and cloud
· Strong technical background gained through either Service Implementation or technical support
· Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
· Team coordination skills
· Project Management and / or client management
· ITIL Foundation and Service Management framework implementation experience
· ITIL Practitioner/Expert
· Service Now
What’s in it for you?
All our Operations professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialisation. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialised skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
On top of this, we have an extensive benefits package which includes 25 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
If relocation is required in applying to this position, the appointment to the role would be considered an employee driven transfer meaning that the employee will be personally responsible for covering all relocation costs and any costs associated with dependents.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 31/03/2019
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.