What Skills and Experiences are we Looking for
We are looking for someone who has the following core skill sets:
Issue-based problem solving and structured communication skills: We want researchers who can identify key issues and, in a logical, structured manner, use these issues to drive their efforts. We also expect individuals to draw out the implications of the research they conduct and tell a compelling, business-focused story about the data that is relevant to Accenture’s business and clients. We are looking for insights, not just information.
Research skills: We expect researchers to be able to take an issue and turn it into a researchable question, adeptly scope the research effort, and expertly use the appropriate research technique such as secondary database searching, company analysis, market analysis, strategic analysis frameworks, interview-based research and financial analysis. Researchers must also be detail-oriented and follow quality assurance procedures.
Business acumen: Individuals must possess a fundamental understanding of micro and macroeconomic drivers that influence industry opportunities and ability to use strategic frameworks (e.g., Porter’s five forces, 4 Ps, 3 Cs) to analyze market conditions, competitive landscape and individual company performance.
Other skills and knowledge:
- Demonstrated ability to conduct advanced primary and secondary research, using both quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Proficiency in data analysis techniques and familiarity with statistical techniques such as multivariate regression and correlation analysis. Familiarity with R, Stata or Python would be an advantage although not a requirement, as would familiarity with data visualization tools
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize fragmented information from multiple sources into a coherent summary, and to develop structured communications
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills; knowledge of advanced functions would be an advantage
- Familiarity with, and interest in, key contemporary debates relating to global economic, geopolitical, technological and social trends and issues, and their impact on organizations
- Strong interpersonal skills for collaboration with Accenture people, clients and other third parties
- Intellectual curiosity, self-motivation and a willingness to take ownership
Relevant undergraduate degree (e.g., STEM subject or social science with quantitative components); A post-graduate degree would be an advantage.
About Accenture Research
Accenture Research identifies and anticipates game-changing business, market and technology trends through provocative thought leadership. Our 250 researchers collaborate with partners such as MIT and Singularity to discover innovative solutions for our clients. We work closely with Accenture’s labs, ventures, studios, innovation centres and delivery centres as part of the company’s Innovation Architecture, helping organisations imagine the future and bring it to life.
Accenture Research is an integral part of Accenture’s Innovation Architecture, and our focus spans four key areas:
- Unlocking new business opportunities: helping Accenture understand markets and companies and identifying ways in which we can help clients become high-performance businesses and governments. A typical analysis might be an in-depth company diagnostic to look at a company’s financial, digital and strategic health or an overview of a sector of the market to identify trends or assess the impact of regulation, M&A; analysis of key market segments that are driving growth, impact of new technologies on how consumers act and what they demand.
- Working directly with clients: about 20% of our research is on client engagements where we work alongside our colleagues from the practice to provide research and industry expertise. Typical work with our clients might be to benchmark their digital strategy and activities against key players in the market; to analyse new and emerging competitors, identify untapped areas of growth or project future trends and their likely impact on the business.
- Developing thought leadership: Accenture needs original, cutting-edge ideas to use with clients, the media and in conferences. Accenture Research helps identify big ideas, and develop those into market relevant, provocative and credible thought leadership articles. Many of our thought leadership projects are published and quoted in the press. Others form the basis for our issue-driven discussions with clients. In all cases the Research Analyst will be expected to contribute ideas, relevant research, and writing / synthesizing of key findings to these projects.
- Supporting Accenture’s growth: our researchers advise the leaders of our practices on the opportunities for growth, on differentiating Accenture in the market and about our positioning relative to our competitors.
What’s in it for you?
All of our Corporate Functions professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialised skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
On top of this, we have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 30/02/2019
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.